MRCE Aerators

foggy

I am working on a MRCE helmet. I have it in pieces, removed the lenses and got the glue out of the interior of the helmet. I have puttied and sanded the seams. I opened the area in the helmet behind the aerators. But now I can't figure out how to get the aerators out. I have looked through numerous threads and did not see this discussed.

Did I miss out on the secret decoder ring for this? :lol:

for the life of me i cant remember where i read it on here but i saw someone say you can put a lightbulb up to the back on it for about 2 minutes try to pull it. then hold it up again for 2 minutes and pull it and repeat it until they pop off. just be careful dont burn your helmet. if anyone has the link to this thread that would be awesome.

Yep, got to just cut them off... it's not pretty, but that's what to do. :)

----------

Good luck!

It's a great bucket!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

yeah that was me before I owned a dremel

YKTBkWx.jpgd4qtdqG.jpg

heated from the inside - but u got to be careful cos of heat warping the surrounding plastic. I went for 2 min, test, 2 min, test and eventually it tugs off.

hope that helped

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. :DB)

As a tool challenged trooper I have the nerve to be working on both my MRCE and TE2 helmets at the same time. :rolleyes:

Okay ... sand & prime TE2 first or heat MRCE to remove aerators or do I just cut them out? Decisions, decisions ... :lol: