Faster Searching

This is a good problem to have.  There are so many posts that searching sometimes can be challenging.  

That said, and I know it's been referenced in some posts and I am sure many people know this.  But in case this can help the one person who doesn't know or forgot about this.  And I thought I would just share as its own post.  

You can search faster by going straight to Google.  There are a couple of ways.  

Method 1: Go to Google.com, and in the search box enter site:whitearmor.net followed by whatever you are searching for.  For example, "site:whitearmor.net forearm armor. This will give you both links to posts and many photos that have been indexed.  

I2bRJu5.png

Method two:  which is really the same as method one but with a small twist.  Add a bookmark with the following (no quotes)  " https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awhitearmor.net".  When the page loads it will load ready to be searched.  Just enter your search criteria and viola.  

GgKmEJN.png

• Like 3

It's how I generally search, just type a few keywords in Google's search box and add the word "whitearmor" or "whitearmor.net" on the end then either use the links or look in images

370255327_6893346354031482_1194436205545858242_n.jpg.ed7bf81a756037b99bb50f8fe55d1138.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It's how I generally search, just type a few keywords in Google's search box and add the word "whitearmor" or "whitearmor.net" on the end then either use the links or look in images

Ditto on that, Its my method too, and hats off to those who maintain this forum, I found pics on this site just this very week, that I thought I lost years ago using this very technique:salute:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, riveting said:

Ditto on that, Its my method too, and hats off to those who maintain this forum, I found pics on this site just this very week, that I thought I lost years ago using this very technique:salute:

It didn't even dawn on my the images would pop up to when I was searching this way.  It was a great surprise!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riveting said:

Took @ 2 years to update all the missing and watermarked photobucket photos, unfortunately some just couldn't be recovered due to closed/missing accounts.

Back in the day (11 years ago) the forum had a whole section of basics on how to build armor which was pretty easy to find, be nice to get that back up and running. 

• Like 1

Considering what PB did :glare:, you guys did a fantastic job (well done for all your hard work and behind the scenes effort) :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:.  I remember it felt somehow easier to navigate parts of the site all those years ago, it felt simpler / slicker, would be terrific to get back to that.

Sorry :blush: to derail your keen observation of a thread Dale.

• Like 1

The base software has undergone numerous updates so some functions were made redundant, but different or new options came on line.

The sheer growth over the years also increases the difficulty to find things. We archived a heap of stuff too which isn't fully viewable, but lacked too much of its original content to keep it viewable.

We don't actually delete anything, we only hide it or archive it, so the full history is still there in the background.

As Glen mentioned, 2 years was a huge undertaking to revive and recover as much as we could, but i am unsure about being able to reinstate old serch systems without having to rebuild entire sections or creating a single post and linking everything back to it like Caleb did for his all in one post.

I too use google to search up things on our forums sometimes, because it is easier :)

So what's on the surface here is just the tip of a very large TK resource iceberg! yikes it must be colossal by now, again Kudos to all the Technical folks who keep this monster going.

I also throw in the search terms:

Whitearmor

FISD

& or the topic & original posters name if I remember it, that sometime yields results too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, riveting said:

So what's on the surface here is just the tip of a very large TK resource iceberg! yikes it must be colossal by now, again Kudos to all the Technical folks who keep this monster going.

Yeah, we're averaging about 1200 new posts a month. -_-

• Like 2