1st Build - TK - DTKC -Build Thread

DTKC

BBB Day is three days away!  

This is such an amazing community and everyone has been amazingly helpful!  My goal is to be able to build a costume for the 501st that will allow me to participate in events, especially if there are opportunities to visit sick kids.  

• Amour: Dave's Darkside Depot (BBB day!)
  • E-11 Blaster: Marc Connor at Troopacoola (On order)
  • Helmet Audio: Stormtrooper Audio System w/Voice Modulation from Ukswraths (Received)

kTM6Lb0.png

Finally had something I could build out in my basement.  Built this just to do my first TK build. 

Ordered most of the supplies here and using the Google Sheet from  Ray (Dieltski) listed in the post.   I did add a few more columns for tracking.  I need to finish it and add all my documentation.  Here is my build-out supply checklist.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOfNO20CF8w3b36twZNMajLuX4hGyP3I3V2AG4kuztA/edit?usp=drive_link

Most everything, shelves etc were laying around the house.  Because I am old and can't see, I had to get a bright LED for under the shelf.  

jHY1sCM.jpg

Had an old laptop, monitor, and soundbar I hooked up just to do this build.  (The insane wiring to the left of my build station is the"Heart" of my home.  It had a cat5 telephone system when I bought the house.  And an old audio system. I kept it because there are ethernet drops around the house I use for my access points. I mainly use the "heart" for my router and my Raspberry PI with my home automation running on it.  But that is for a different thread on a different forum. ) 

cvv0wu8.jpg

More to come....  

Edited by DTKC

Just now, Scout_Troop3R said:

Wow, you're a lot more prepared than I am for this lol.
May the force be with you on your epic quest to construct your armour!

I just noticed you got your armour set from Dave's Darkside Depot as well! Wow, we must've had the same batch or something because my set from him is coming this friday. What a coincidence.

• Like 1

Great news, make sure you do your research so you are ready to go when your kit arrives, lots of reference material available here  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

If you are going to aim for EIB and Centurion make sure you check out some of those builds for extra details ;) 

7 hours ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

Wow, you're a lot more prepared than I am for this lol.
May the force be with you on your epic quest to construct your armour!

I just know myself and will want to unbox as fast as possible and start building.  Then have to make 17 trips to the store because I didn't buy the right tools.  

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great news, make sure you do your research so you are ready to go when your kit arrives, lots of reference material available here  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

If you are going to aim for EIB and Centurion make sure you check out some of those builds for extra details ;) 

As always, thank you!  I hadn't seen that thread before!  Great stuff.  And yes, going for gold with Centurion.  

• Like 1

I love the sight of AM thermal detonators in the morning.

Seriously though, you’re gonna be very happy with Dave’s kit!

And you’ll have a properly sized 68mm thermal det!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I love the sight of AM thermal detonators in the morning.

Seriously though, you’re gonna be very happy with Dave’s kit!

And you’ll have a properly sized 68mm thermal det! emoji23.png

I am very much looking forward to seeing what Dave did!  I have just heard amazing things!  

I just moved from Georgia to Kansas about a year ago.  I was in the Duluth area.  

I just finished my DDD kit and it’s fantastic. Now just need to find time to make the basic mods I need to get EIB and Centurion. Having a newborn slowed me down, but shouldn’t be too rough. I recommend if you aren’t thinking so, working toward centurion as his kits are pretty solid for getting there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FN1313 said:

I just finished my DDD kit and it’s fantastic. Now just need to find time to make the basic mods I need to get EIB and Centurion. Having a newborn slowed me down, but shouldn’t be too rough. I recommend if you aren’t thinking so, working toward centurion as his kits are pretty solid for getting there.

Congrats on the new baby! I have been thinking Centurion.    Love the positive feedback on your kit!  I just keep hearing great things! 

• Like 1

Now lets see that shinny white plastic :D

01YaLMW89IZ2NkNRMGiuZrq-8.fit_lim.size_1600x900.v1639604809.thumb.jpg.add01396a5726801217b40e6f11a46e5.jpg

Excitement level 3,000, scare factor when you realize you have to start trimming 1,000,000

I am beyond thrilled at the quality of Dave's Darkside Depot product and how it was packed.  Inventory time!  The only thing I didn't realize I should get, and it wasn't until I watched a video with Dave on YouTube, was the hearing assist.  Time to track that down.  

RoCuBE0.jpg

aXseJeA.jpg

l5XCk74.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have never used hearing assist, I find I can hear enough without it.

Ah good!  I think Dave mentioned it was kind of like wearing a motorcycle helmet.  I had thought that if I was carrying around a blaster and some Karen called the police because some guy was walking around with a gun, I didn't want any chance of not hearing the police correctly.  But I am relieved you said that.  

• Like 1

Build lesson one.  Make sure you know the difference between Stunt and Hero TK armor. In comparison, it would have been an easy fix.  The CLR said six teeth were cut out, a DDD video said 8.  I double checked and I was looking at the wrong CLR because I didn't know the difference.    

Either way you can always at this point change to go one way or another. If you cut out 8 and were going for a hero at least you can still go with stunt (this is the most common trooper as is and very recognizable)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, DTKC said:

Build lesson one.  Make sure you know the difference between Stunt and Hero TK armor. In comparison, it would have been an easy fix.  The CLR said six teeth were cut out, a DDD video said 8.  I double checked and I was looking at the wrong CLR because I didn't know the difference.    

Many purchase extra items so they can do other versions, not a great deal of difference BUT helmet is not just the teeth, only 3 ear bumps and 2 screws. This is a great comparison

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

You could also go ESB with a few other different pieces ;) 

Three costumes in one is obtainable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DTKC said:

I am beyond thrilled at the quality of Dave's Darkside Depot product and how it was packed.  Inventory time!  The only thing I didn't realize I should get, and it wasn't until I watched a video with Dave on YouTube, was the hearing assist.  Time to track that down.  

RoCuBE0.jpg

aXseJeA.jpg

l5XCk74.jpg

Hot damn that's so cool! Best of luck getting it done!

7 hours ago, Scout_Troop3R said:

Hot damn that's so cool! Best of luck getting it done!

Thanks, man, I am pretty happy.  A little overwhelmed.  But you eat an apple one bite at a time!  I see you are in Carleton Place.  I was just down the road from you a couple of weeks ago near Peterborough heading to Stony Lake.   

5 hours ago, DTKC said:

Thanks, man, I am pretty happy.  A little overwhelmed.  But you eat an apple one bite at a time!  I see you are in Carleton Place.  I was just down the road from you a couple of weeks ago near Peterborough heading to Stony Lake.   

Oh hey, nice! That's pretty neat, funny coincidence that we're relatively close by.