Getting Back in the Game

It's funny, all my life I've wanted to join the 501st, and when I could finally afford the armor, I spent every weekend trimming, fitting, gluing...then I hit a wall, put on some weight, and now my half-finished armor is waiting for me in a closet, judging me. I intend to finish one day, but I can't seem to find the motivation. On the other hand, I've come into a healthy chunk of disposable income over the weekend and I'm debating switching to a different kit. Does anyone have tips for getting back on the horse, or kits that don't feel like they're fighting against you?

• Like 1

Hello and welcome back, you will find with most kits there is a bit of ground work and research to do, really depends on what version Stormtrooper you would like to build as well as your building skills.

So first decide which version Stormtrooper, you can find our costume reference library here for the different versions https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

We have areas on the forum for most versions and we will be able to guide you a little more once you've decided on a version and maker.

Good luck with the research, hope to see a build thread from you soon

Welcome back Gwen, we have plenty of horses so take your pick.

This community is here to help you in every way we can and it would be great to see you come full circle with your armour or a new set.

Also make sure to hook up with your local garrison for some close to home support as well.

If you don't know who your local garrison is, let us know what area or region you are in and we can get you those contact details.

Welcome to FISD!

17 hours ago, AnSkeleton said:

It's funny, all my life I've wanted to join the 501st, and when I could finally afford the armor, I spent every weekend trimming, fitting, gluing...then I hit a wall, put on some weight, and now my half-finished armor is waiting for me in a closet, judging me. I intend to finish one day, but I can't seem to find the motivation. On the other hand, I've come into a healthy chunk of disposable income over the weekend and I'm debating switching to a different kit. Does anyone have tips for getting back on the horse, or kits that don't feel like they're fighting against you?

I had a brown box in a closet for a long time.  Just visualize what you want it to look like when done and dive in.  The best part is that everyone makes mistakes on the first go. Don't worry about trying to get perfect, just keep moving it forward.

• Like 1