First build!

N0SweatBobaFett

28 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

How tight are the closed capped rivets on the ammo belt on the thigh supposed to be?  I just hammered one on and noticed that it’s definitely on there but seems a little bit loose.  Thanks!

Should be a snug fit, normally no gap

• Like 1

14 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Got the knee ammo belt on!  I’ll probably tackle the sugru on the other knee soon, while I work on the belt and strapping.

Ow6Ei7C.jpg

8nto1Lb.jpg

Looking good, side and back photos would be great.

• Like 1

Rivets look a tad big but could be as they are a little close to the corners, more a higher level issue though. Note the rivet is also set in the middle of the ridge.

gallery_12157_78_1344899.jpg

• Like 2

As Glen pointed, rivets are closer to the corners than the references .

It's too important to make a doble check with references prior to glue or affix pieces and I would recommend to check approved Eib and Centurion apllications to see the requested fixes and mods. 

Keep it up. ;)

• Like 1

One other thing you might want to try doing is using a heat gun carefully to help the ammo belt shape itself to the bend. Right now at the bottom you see it flares out a little. This is because it’s not used to being bent around the thigh.

I made this better on mine by lightly going over the belt with my heat gun, not heating to an extreme of warping or damage, but enough for it to start naturally taking the curved shape on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

As Glen pointed, rivets are closer to the corners than the references .

It's too important to make a doble check with references prior to glue or affix pieces and I would recommend to check approved Eib and Centurion apllications to see the requested fixes and mods. 

Keep it up. ;)

Thanks!  I’ll make sure to check now to see if there are any fixes.  I definitely should have referenced images again!  Got a little to comfortable just jumping in haha.  

20 hours ago, FN1313 said:

One other thing you might want to try doing is using a heat gun carefully to help the ammo belt shape itself to the bend. Right now at the bottom you see it flares out a little. This is because it’s not used to being bent around the thigh.

I made this better on mine by lightly going over the belt with my heat gun, not heating to an extreme of warping or damage, but enough for it to start naturally taking the curved shape on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!  I’ll try that right away!  

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Rivets look a tad big but could be as they are a little close to the corners, more a higher level issue though. Note the rivet is also set in the middle of the ridge.

gallery_12157_78_1344899.jpg

Thanks!  I definitely should have worked on the placement a little more before riveting.  I’ll definitely remember to keep that in mind when working on another kit or I’ll see if there are any fixes I can work on right now.

• Like 2

If you do decide to adjust it, it wouldn’t be too hard of a fix, just back the hole with scrap abs and then fill with abs paste and reattach with new holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I made some more straps with snaps today that are smaller to use for the kidney and butt plates.  I had a quick question, how would I know the strap is too big or too small when fitting and how close should they be to each other?  Just enough to show no gap?  

On 7/16/2023 at 8:44 PM, FN1313 said:

If you do decide to adjust it, it wouldn’t be too hard of a fix, just back the hole with scrap abs and then fill with abs paste and reattach with new holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you!  I think that might work nicely as the old hole drilled into the bottom of the thigh should be covered once the old hole on the ammo belt is covered with abs paste.    

13 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

I made some more straps with snaps today that are smaller to use for the kidney and butt plates.  I had a quick question, how would I know the strap is too big or too small when fitting and how close should they be to each other?  Just enough to show no gap?  

That's part of the build figuring out what works. A bit of trial and a bunch of errors to the end. 

I'm having a build day this weekend. I posted on our local forums. If interested even though you're doing great so far.

Keep it up Future Trooper :duim:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

I normally check the measurements, eye of snap to other eye of snap then deduct 5mm, usually that works for me BUT over time I ended up with a few that were just too long/loose which I've added extra snaps too and I now use these as a measuring device.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 8:37 PM, magni said:

That's part of the build figuring out what works. A bit of trial and a bunch of errors to the end. 

I'm having a build day this weekend. I posted on our local forums. If interested even though you're doing great so far.

Keep it up Future Trooper :duim:

That would be awesome!  I’m pretty sure I can swing that.  I’ll message you via the local garrison forums!  

Applied the new tube stripe decals that are the hand painted looking versions.  I also installed a more durable lenses for the eyes courtesy of @magni!  Going to install mesh behind the frown tomorrow.  I also wanted to double check the pencil mark for the cod piece as I may trim it down more for comfort.  

vnuOw8E.jpg

SWQe6hp.jpg

dIYGTcy.jpg

AfXqYUW.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work

No issues trimming that off the cod for comfort.

One thing I did happen to notice was the sharp corners on your black ear border, comparison below, other ear looks fine, a toothpick could be used to scrape off some of the paint to round them of a little

Screenshot_20230726_153218_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2e1eed576ce19fd555188465e1bbd971.jpgScreenshot_20230726_153108_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b9224a40e79ee113e0c8b5e1c36ff8e5.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work

No issues trimming that off the cod for comfort.

One thing I did happen to notice was the sharp corners on your black ear border, comparison below, other ear looks fine, a toothpick could be used to scrape off some of the paint to round them of a little

Screenshot_20230726_153218_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2e1eed576ce19fd555188465e1bbd971.jpgScreenshot_20230726_153108_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b9224a40e79ee113e0c8b5e1c36ff8e5.jpg

Will do!  A little elbow grease should clean it up! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

just checking in to see if this looks like a good trim line for the inside of the bottom of the right shin.  

TUW2YZg.jpg

Uh4ttb0.jpg

It looks good for a starting cut. Once you make a test fit you will see if you need additional trimming

references

rKcUZDy.jpg?1

4kbSiRH.jpg?1

GEBR51w.jpg?1

• Like 2

Trimmed the bottom of the shins and it looks pretty good.  Since the RS kit has identical shins I tried to trim them both to have the outer part a the shin a tad longer.  Hope this looks alright!  

The right shin

Front:

MEHYiEF.jpg

Back:

uCIKb0R.jpg

The left shin

Front:

Yg780kj.jpg

Back:

rPESv7a.jpg

Still have to do the back cover strip for the left shin as I had to trim more to make it take shape.  Thanks! 

• Like 2