First build!

N0SweatBobaFett

I'd wait for more magnets 

Yeah I think by the end of my process building out things I had probably 20-30 magnets (mostly to help me glue multiple things overnight at once) some spots you want to double up the magnets for added strength. I usually used a strong clamp on the ends of each strip though and then magnets between.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Trimmed the other bicep and added foam to that one as well!  They poke into the arm pit just a little bit but not much at all.  Is this normal?  Could I trim the part that’s near the armpit?  Or should the bicep sit a little lower?  Thanks for all the help!  I really appreciate it!  

U2loe6O.jpg

q5X0ep7.jpg

XOOP51n.jpg

bXNP1ui.jpg

• Like 1

It's really hard to tell where pieces with sit without shoulder and forearm on, you do have a little gap around the inside of the bicep. There are no issues trimming any stepped areas of the top of the bicep, that should cut down any poking, albeit screen suits had a step (one side higher than the other

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

Generally first tests pinch and bite, part of getting them situated and trimmed correctly, however yeah, I wouldn’t trim them until you have a better idea how they sit with it the shoulders and all. You’d hate trimming too much only to find things don’t look/fit right after the fact. That being said I’ve sanded down any sharp edges to make them more a slight curve as that also helps with the stabbing/pinching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

It's really hard to tell where pieces with sit without shoulder and forearm on, you do have a little gap around the inside of the bicep. There are no issues trimming any stepped areas of the top of the bicep, that should cut down any poking, albeit screen suits had a step (one side higher than the other

gallery_12157_59_18048.jpg

Awesome!  That will definitely help!  As far as the bit of a gap I have on the inside, if I am using foam to get a better fit so I don’t have to trim off too much, would a bit of a gap be okay or should I trim more off?

2 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

Awesome!  That will definitely help!  As far as the bit of a gap I have on the inside, if I am using foam to get a better fit so I don’t have to trim off too much, would a bit of a gap be okay or should I trim more off?

A bit of a gap is ok as long as you keep it central to the arm, gloves will fill up the front of the forearms, bicep tops get covered by the shoulder bells and the bottoms of the biceps you don't really see

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A bit of a gap is ok as long as you keep it central to the arm, gloves will fill up the front of the forearms, bicep tops get covered by the shoulder bells and the bottoms of the biceps you don't really see

Gotcha!  I should be good as the inside of the bicep doesn’t have too much of a gap and I’ll keep that in mind as I start with the forearm.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Magnets got super delayed so I trimmed the forearms out in the meantime and will try to size them today as well.  I trimmed pretty much all the return edges out of the wrist part, left a little on the upper part of the forearm just in case.  Hopefully the magnets will come in soon and I can start glueing everything!  

40RqYhj.jpg

LZ18GZ1.jpg

URKD1qq.jpg

IU8Z0Vz.jpg

• Like 1

Well magnets are finally in!  I also had a question about the biceps before I think about grabbing the tube of E6000.  Should I glue first and then trim some off the top of the bicep or trim some of the excess parts that poke out off first?  

1asjHNb.jpg

JL3JeEV.jpg

Uo6hrb1.jpg

MX6pQVp.jpg

KFrZz78.jpg

Entirely up to you, I trim mine before adding coverstrips, just looks cleaner to me BUT screen references show some overhang on some pieces, either way is acceptable for approval and higher levels

gallery_12157_59_161393.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Entirely up to you, I trim mine before adding coverstrips, just looks cleaner to me BUT screen references show some overhang on some pieces, either way is acceptable for approval and higher levels

gallery_12157_59_161393.jpg

Awesome!  In that case I may just remove the parts that stick out and leave the rest for now.  After that I should be able to glue and then attach any foam with double stick tape!  

The first Bicep is away!  I doubled up the magnets just to be safe but it took me 24 to get the two outer cover strips secured while the glue dries.  For pieces like the biceps and forearms is it recommended to double up on magnets or is one on each side good enough?  

cOd60dt.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, N0SweatBobaFett said:

The first Bicep is away!  I doubled up the magnets just to be safe but it took me 24 to get the two outer cover strips secured while the glue dries.  For pieces like the biceps and forearms is it recommended to double up on magnets or is one on each side good enough?  

cOd60dt.jpg

I double up and make sure you cover magnets with painters tape. They can fly across and hit and shatter when you least expect it. 

Looking good :duim:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magni said:

I double up and make sure you cover magnets with painters tape. They can fly across and hit and shatter when you least expect it. 

Looking good :duim:

Will do!  I’m sure that will definitely help pull them apart too.  Pulling two apart from the rest took some elbow grease haha.  Thanks!

The right bicep is glued and came out pretty good!  The left one had some issues when removing excess glue and the cover strip popped off partially and I’m going to re-glue that one soon.  When I took off the cover strips pretty much all the glue went with them, other than a few bits I removed.  Other than that I should be good to re-glue.  Hope the other one looks good so far!  

XbzbepY.jpg

RdtdrR4.jpg

Nice work, just watch any areas that stick out past the armor as they can catch, especially on the shoulders

RdtdrR4.thumb.jpg.26f1bb4529781c55451910cf76dc7e9c.jpg

• Like 1