Speakerless audio option

Many of use have our Aker amps behind the chest plate, I don't find it heavy as all the strapping holds it.

For my mando I removed the case of the Aker amp, extended the wires and use the speaker in the pouch and board behind the chest, it's similar to this. I think you will find the Aker amp speaker would be a lot louder and clearer. 

42 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I removed the case of the Aker amp, extended the wires and use the speaker in the pouch and board behind the chest

That was kind of where I was originally headed. I wondered what kind of volume it would produce if your whole chest *became* the speaker. :D  
I have the Pyle-Pro 50w Amp on recommendation from the trooperTalk site.  It's 50w and pretty loud, but it weights a bit more than the Aker, which I would have gotten in hindsight. (20/20)

I am looking into getting the Tramp possibly or one of the other similar versions with built-in static & bursts.  Using an iPhone in addition to that speaker is too much for my brain to juggle and having it all integrated would be nice.

Do you have any photos of your set up?  

Edited by TikiTechie
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...