Trimmed Thigh Pieces

BATS2150

You will get a better idea of look once you are wearing the ab/butt of your armor as some should conform to the armor.

Yeah I used the same cover strip and moved it about 1/4 inch on both sides and will use a larger strip of abs and put it on the inside to give it some rigidity. I am doing one thigh first as a test run to see if that will do the trick but if not, I will have to model putty and fill in the gap and then sand and match. 

Ok, Well I need to open the Thigh in the rear because I need to widen the gap about 1 inch. As per the picture, excuse my color-coded drawing, I plan to use a 2-inch strip in the rear, fill the gap with putty, sand and paint and finally put the original cover strip in the rear. This should give me the space I need to get the thigh pieces to fit on my legs. Any input would be appreciated. 

JNfWp7r.jpg

Here is a look with the cardboard representing the 2-inch cover strip in the back. 

Thoughts anyone? 

5muDEOP.jpg

Edited by BATS2150

A few have had to do the same in the past, luckily you don't have raised areas on the rear like some other makes have

l

I also, after a test fit with the cardboard extension, the front had lots of room, so I removed the front cover strip and cut about a 1/4 inch on both sides of the front. It helped with the gap but will know more when I get the back done. 

mkokiDu.jpg

Here is the reglued front left thigh. Took off the cover strip and cut just about 1/4 inch on each side and reglued them. Now just waiting for the extension strips to come in to do the rear. Taking it slow and easy plus threw my back out so that's kind of hindering the process. 

OBHTHJS.jpg

Edited by BATS2150

43 minutes ago, BATS2150 said:

Here is the reglued front left thigh. Took off the cover strip and cut just about 1/4 inch on each side and reglued them. Now just waiting for the extension strips to come in to do the rear. Taking it slow and easy plus threw my back out so that's kind of hindering the process. 

OBHTHJS.jpg

Note the cover strip should stop above the lower ridge ;) 

gallery_12157_15_34529.thumb.jpg.457edc4a6bf3c2e84121fbe5304ce5d3.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I hope I got it right this time. I know, the gap is going to be filled with some putty and will straighten the outlines when I am finally finished adjusting the fit. I hate being short and having large thighs though it's all good.  I am still learning here and will get this right. LOL. 

L9wjJcC.jpg

Edited by BATS2150
  • Like 2

Well my extension strips should be here tomorrow or Wednesday so I went ahead and prepared the thigh armor and added a little reinforcement strip on my right thigh. As noted by the yellow, I placed a strip on the top, middle and near the bottom of the inside seam. This should add some sturdiness and will do the same to the left thigh as well. 

dGRjKcV.jpg

• Like 1

Although I have built them with inner strips and without I do find these are more important on parts that open/close like shins, hasn't really made much different to thighs and arms

• Like 1

Some armor can be hard to color match depending on which maker and what they have been supplied, some look cream compared to others that are stark white, hopefully you can find a paint to closely fit. I normally use water base acrylic paint, then you have the ability to color eye match, even then the paint can dry a little different than required. 

Here an example of RS armor and white U trim and different the shade of white is, this I had to color match to suit

Before

20201009_174025.jpg

After

20201011_111231.jpg

Resolution of the images is a little small so hard to make out details, you do have a gap at the bottom of the ridge on the left thigh pictured, many use either ABS paste or milliput to fill the gaps.

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg