Helmet ears

A little gap is better than the chalking dude!

It's usually solved by changing the position of the ear (usually by moving the ear down and the bottom of the ear back) and then redrilling the screw holes. If needed, reshaping the ear curves with a file may be necessary for the best fit. It's all just patience and trial and error. Adjust a little at a time.

But yea, definitely remove the gunk but don't lose hope - armor is almost never ruined. It's always best to ask a silly question than make a silly mistake though, and we're here to help (along with the wealth of knowledge preserved in these threads and galleries)!

Can I ask who the maker of the helmet is? RS? And if you post some additional pics, we can provide additional feedback! More angles!

2 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

A little gap is better than the chalking dude! It's usually solved by changing the position of the ear (usually by moving the ear down and the bottom of the ear back) and then redrilling the screw holes. If needed, reshaping the ear curves with a file may be necessary for the best fit. It's all just patience and trial and error. Adjust a little at a time. But yea, definitely remove the gunk!

Can I ask who the maker of the helmet is? RS? And if you post some additional pics, we can provide additional feedback! More angles!

Yes RS. Ok will do. 

2 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

A little gap is better than the chalking dude! It's usually solved by changing the position of the ear (usually by moving the ear down and the bottom of the ear back) and then redrilling the screw holes. If needed, reshaping the ear curves with a file may be necessary for the best fit. It's all just patience and trial and error. Adjust a little at a time. But yea, definitely remove the gunk!

This was a big gap. I tried a few times to fix it with no luck. The chaulk will come out just fine

I figured by the look of it! RS is... Accurate to a fault is how I'd describe it. Their stuff is often pretty wonky, but... yea, so was the screen used stuff - as bad or worse. I was just working on a buddy's RS helmet and the way they cut their back caps by the screws in order to fit the mask portion is unreal. Looks totally janky and there's a HUGE gap where the tube stripes end... but when you put the ears over it, it somehow miraculously looks fine. There's definitely some adjustment that doesn't happen until the final 3rd bolt in the bottom of the ear too. I'll try to have my buddy send pics of how his is cut (was assembled by RS in house) if it might help. I'll try to report back shortly!

My go to threads for ears

Some references of screen helmets, many had gaps ;) 

LFL_Storm_Stunt01.thumb.jpg.b5432a52180224205abe1c1da889f418.jpgDaveMANH06.jpg.4eac782b9cd4f28f87f18e6eb2884f70.jpgDaveMANH08.jpg.a6a412e011e4ca6b003e41850bbd9351.jpgDaveMANH01.jpg.a906b36c1094d0012a9ecf8759fcb43e.jpgoriginal-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg.453c129e60fed2dee24426ba28219544.jpg

When it comes to approval you will have to speak to your GML (garrison membership liaison) as they are the ones that will be reviewing for approval ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

I figured by the look of it! RS is... Accurate to a fault is how I'd describe it. Their stuff is often pretty wonky, but... yea, so was the screen used stuff - as bad or worse. I was just working on a buddy's RS helmet and the way they cut their back caps by the screws in order to fit the mask portion is unreal. Looks totally janky and there's a HUGE gap where the tube stripes end... but when you put the ears over it, it somehow miraculously looks fine. There's definitely some adjustment that doesn't happen until the final 3rd bolt in the bottom of the ear too. I'll try to have my buddy send pics of how his is cut (was assembled by RS in house) if it might help. I'll try to report back shortly!

I was able to take the ears off and redo them. I have another helmet coming in that I’m gonna take my time with so this current build will be turned into a sand trooper

• Like 2

Hi Matt,

If you want to get the best help along the way, I’d recommend starting your own work in progress thread in the build threads section. This way, you can ask any questions and log all of your progress in one place. :-)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

If you’re finding the helmet build a little tricky, check out the RS Prop Masters build tutorial videos on their YouTube channel. They’re very helpful. :-)

10 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Matt,

If you want to get the best help along the way, I’d recommend starting your own work in progress thread in the build threads section. This way, you can ask any questions and log all of your progress in one place. :-)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

If you’re finding the helmet build a little tricky, check out the RS Prop Masters build tutorial videos on their YouTube channel. They’re very helpful. :-)

I’m new to forms so there’s a learning curve but I’m getting the hang of it. Appreciate it

10 minutes ago, Matt Cutshall said:

I’m new to forms so there’s a learning curve but I’m getting the hang of it. Appreciate it

No worries, Matt. I remember trying to navigate my way around here when I first joined, too. Any help you need, don’t hesitate to ask. :duim:

best wishes,

Dan