Hi - Here for help identifying a helmet!

Hi,

This afternoon, one of my neighbors gave me a stormtrooper helmet that I know nothing about.

So, I want to know if I can get some help identifying it.

It is missing one of the little vents on the front and I'd like to find one.

Would the "Hard Armor - General Discussion" be an OK place for me to post pictures of it?

Thanks!

Hello you can just post some images here in your introduction thread if you like or "Hard Armor - General Discussion" . Here is a How To on adding images using a free online image host 

Hi Patrick!  Posting a few pics using the link that Glen gave you will help us identify who made it.  As for the "vents" I am guessing you mean these:

rmMCj1s.jpg?1

They are known as Hovi-mic (or mix) tips and are available in sets of 2 online (a quick Google search will help).  They can vary in design, so it would probably be best to remove the existing one so that they match.  ;)

Looking forward to seeing your new acquisition!

From what I have figured out this is a "TE" helmet made in 2005 .... not sure what the "Jay" part is about?

So it doesn't matter if I use some other manufacturers vents?

I didn't want to change them out if it's possible for me to locate an individual one that is close.

-This is going on my daughters shelf and she isn't a serious collector but I would like them to match or be close.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Been a while and we never found the replacement vent tip but now my daughter says she has lost interest in it. So she'd like to list it for sale to put towards some car repairs.

Can anyone give me a ballpark value on the helmet as is?  It still looks exactly like it did in the previous photos.

Edited by lockedup

A beautiful bucket, no doubt.  TE is considered to be one of the most screen accurate helmets you can find, but this one needs a little love.  Screen accurate Hovis can be purchased from DDD, and it looks like the face plate needs to come out a little more (a fairly easy fix).  The tube stripes are a bit off and the brow and S-trim are missing, but again, replacements for those can be found at Trooperbay.

This is a little piece of FISD history, and anyone willing to take the time to bring it up to snuff would have one awesome display piece!

Unfortunately, I personally cannot give you an asking price.... it's worth what someone is willing to pay, but because of the work involved I would start it around the $250. mark.  If you get no bids you can always drop the price, but you have to add in shipping as well (normally around $25.00 or so).

If you can add a few photos (rear/left/right) it would increase your odds.  Hope this helps!

• Like 2

A bit hard to say, I've not seen a TE helmet for sale for some time. It's one that quite a few may want to add to their collections. I would suggest a look through the sales sections to see what other helmets go been sold for. Here's one from 2009, price went down from $450 to eventually $325 shipped US 

23 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Could it be "July"?

Could be. ...I think I read someplace that the TE guy was named Jay though. There is a second bit of writing that says "To Noah" so it's not the buyers name! lol

On 6/22/2022 at 3:23 AM, lockedup said:

\

IMG_0582.JPG

TE

July 2005

Matt Gauthier

1 hour ago, lockedup said:

IMG_4278.JPG

To:

Noah!

Enjoy and have

fun! Your 1st