Need help with adjusting helmet.

Hi all,

wanted to ask if there is some kind of tutorial on how to replace the default foam with a better system for inside of the helmet.

been looking on this forum but cannot find any. Been using pads but did not work out when i place them all over on the inside.

Greetings from TK-59000

I use a block of foam either side of the head and a thin piece of foam in the top, works well for me and it's a cheap option.

Similar to the maple leaf design of the originals

gallery_12157_59_69892.jpg

There are also these which a lot of people use although I find them a little hard when compressed

Screenshot_20210510-124951_Chrome.jpg

One thing I would suggest when adding padding is to attach it with Velcro so that it is removeable.  When we troop, we sweat, and those pads will start smelling pretty bad after wearing them for a while.  Being able to take them out and hand-wash them will prevent a stinky bucket.  ;)

On 4/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, justjoseph63 said:

One thing I would suggest when adding padding is to attach it with Velcro so that it is removeable.  When we troop, we sweat, and those pads will start smelling pretty bad after wearing them for a while.  Being able to take them out and hand-wash them will prevent a stinky bucket.  ;)

Got it already, thanks!