smok1ngun requesting pre-approval for ANH TK (RS Propmasters)

Name: Sean Garcia

2. Future Garrison: Central California Garrison

3. Armor Maker: RS Propmasters

4. Helmet Maker: RS Propmasters

5. Cloth Belt Maker: RS Propmasters

6. Neck Seal Maker: RS Propmasters

7. Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

8. Blaster Maker: RS Propmasters

9. Gasket Maker: N/A

10. Height: 5' 8"

11. Weight: 210

12. TK Type: ANH Stunt

13. Shoutouts: My Wife for standing behind me in this adventure.

m9zrDir.jpg

VMwUUCa.jpg

ixi5b0H.jpg

V0FQJYu.jpg

p3yPcBc.jpg

qzA63bS.jpg

Nm22cOp.jpg

xjdSJCF.jpg

Looking good, a few things could be tightened/adjusted.

It looks in the photos like you are sticking your belly outwards (or leaning backwards) and your helmet is tilting down at the front, as it is the helmet will hit the chest and you have a big gap at the back of your neck, perhaps try some thinner foam inside the top of the helmet so it sits down a little more and try to keep it level, front to back. 

Strapping between chest and ab, a common issue with the bracket system, some people add extra elastic behind (with snaps or glue) so the two pieces don't come apart (notice the black gap between)

Looks in most photos your left arm forearm is just overlapping your bicep, you may want to adjust the gaps as that would get annoying and could cause armor bites.

Add some foam behind your sniper plate, this should hold it away from your thigh, they will hit walking how they are now.

Just on the thighs there appears there is a large gap between some of your cover strips ridges, larger cover strips could reduce this gap, may get noticed, may not but I think it would be picked at higher levels (really up to your GML)

ixi5b0H.jpgVMwUUCa.jpg

Your butt plate is being pushed backwards, again perhaps stronger elastic or add some V tabs, they can be helpful 

V0FQJYu.jpg

Ab and kidney not aligning at the top on side photo

p3yPcBc.jpg

On the other side of ab/kidney looks like there is a large gap between, would get picked at higher level approval but ok for basic (in most garrisons)

Nm22cOp.jpg

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Although they can't be seen very well in most of the photos it looks like your shoulder straps aren't quite reaching your backplate (on the left) (Note big gap from helmet to backplate.) You could try tighter strapping, may help, or adjust the position on the straps on the front, dependent on what glue was used.

Detonator and belt should be straight/level. 

Right shin overlap a little too much.

There is also a gap between the lower ridges on the back of the left thigh, that would get picked for higher levels, adding a piece of plastic behind or fill the gap with ABS paste or Sugru.

xjdSJCF.jpg

As I say just some adjustments and tweaks and you should be ready to contact your GML (garrison membership liaison)

FYI your GWL (garrison web liaison) will thank you if you could take your photos inside with a blank contrasting background, helps with editing your images for legion profile ;) 

Good luck 

• Like 2

Hi Sean and welcome to the FISD!  So you can’t go wrong with a RS suit. It is certainly top notch. You have done a nice job with your armor. There is one thing that is standing out to me that could be an issue for approval. That is the two rivets/screws at the top of your ab plate. Generally those should be added on to the return edge of the armor so they are not as visible. I’m not sure how your GML will view it but if I was reviewing your app for my garrison I would unfortunately not pass it. If your GML doesn’t then you will need to remove those and fill the holes in with ABS paste and then sand it smooth. There are a couple of tutorials here on the forum on how to do it. 

I would also recommend that you add a couple more pieces of elastic connecting your chest plate and ab plate. That will help with the gap you are getting there and keep it closed better. 

Otherwise I think everything else would be fine for basic approval 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, a few things could be tightened/adjusted.

It looks in the photos like you are sticking your belly outwards (or leaning backwards) and your helmet is tilting down at the front, as it is the helmet will hit the chest and you have a big gap at the back of your neck, perhaps try some thinner foam inside the top of the helmet so it sits down a little more and try to keep it level, front to back. 

Strapping between chest and ab, a common issue with the bracket system, some people add extra elastic behind (with snaps or glue) so the two pieces don't come apart (notice the black gap between)

Looks in most photos your left arm forearm is just overlapping your bicep, you may want to adjust the gaps as that would get annoying and could cause armor bites.

Add some foam behind your sniper plate, this should hold it away from your thigh, they will hit walking how they are now.

Just on the thighs there appears there is a large gap between some of your cover strips ridges, larger cover strips could reduce this gap, may get noticed, may not but I think it would be picked at higher levels (really up to your GML)

ixi5b0H.jpgVMwUUCa.jpg

Your butt plate is being pushed backwards, again perhaps stronger elastic or add some V tabs, they can be helpful 

V0FQJYu.jpg

Ab and kidney not aligning at the top on side photo

p3yPcBc.jpg

On the other side of ab/kidney looks like there is a large gap between, would get picked at higher level approval but ok for basic (in most garrisons)

Nm22cOp.jpg

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Although they can't be seen very well in most of the photos it looks like your shoulder straps aren't quite reaching your backplate (on the left) (Note big gap from helmet to backplate.) You could try tighter strapping, may help, or adjust the position on the straps on the front, dependent on what glue was used.

Detonator and belt should be straight/level. 

Right shin overlap a little too much.

There is also a gap between the lower ridges on the back of the left thigh, that would get picked for higher levels, adding a piece of plastic behind or fill the gap with ABS paste or Sugru.

xjdSJCF.jpg

As I say just some adjustments and tweaks and you should be ready to contact your GML (garrison membership liaison)

FYI your GWL (garrison web liaison) will thank you if you could take your photos inside with a blank contrasting background, helps with editing your images for legion profile ;) 

Good luck 

Thank you for the helpful input. I will be addressing the mentioned adjustments.  As for the belly, I'm working on that as well. Its grown a little since I took my measurements back in November, lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

Hi Sean and welcome to the FISD!  So you can’t go wrong with a RS suit. It is certainly top notch. You have done a nice job with your armor. There is one thing that is standing out to me that could be an issue for approval. That is the two rivets/screws at the top of your ab plate. Generally those should be added on to the return edge of the armor so they are not as visible. I’m not sure how your GML will view it but if I was reviewing your app for my garrison I would unfortunately not pass it. If your GML doesn’t then you will need to remove those and fill the holes in with ABS paste and then sand it smooth. There are a couple of tutorials here on the forum on how to do it. 

I would also recommend that you add a couple more pieces of elastic connecting your chest plate and ab plate. That will help with the gap you are getting there and keep it closed better. 

Otherwise I think everything else would be fine for basic approval 

Thank you for the helpful input. I will be adding elastic between the chest and abs. I think that will also hide the screws, but I hope to talk to my GML about them as well.

• Like 1

Looking good, Sean.  Like the guys above mentioned, tightening the ab to chest will help a lot. 

One thing I would add is some black mesh behind the frown... or wear a black balaclava - it hides the face better.  It's not a show stopper by any means, but it sells the stormtrooper persona better when you are trooping.

Good Luck!

• Like 3