ANH movie suits

Laspector

Was watching ANH the other night and something crossed my mind. In the control room on the Death Star when Luke and Han are arguing about whether to rescue Liea, Han is able to not only sit down EASILY he is able to raise his legs up on to the counter!! Not only do I have trouble sitting down period--raising my legs up is darn near impossible. Were the original suits really floppy (kinda like what I imagine the Rubies suit is)?

ThayNerd said:
As for as I know the suits and helmets were made of HDPE and the hero helmets were ABS.

Check this site out. It's given me a lot of info on everything.

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

very important the thicknes off a helmet if you wanna sit down *lol*

darell

there´s a pic around in the web where someone is flexing an original ROTJ armor

maybe someone can show it here

originals are made from thinner ABS (around 1,5mm) with high flexible mixture of the material

Mr. Ford also didn't care if he broke his suit. Many of the original suit did break during the filming some of which can be seen in the movies. I can uncomfortably sit in my suit, but I'm sure if I did it enough it would eventually break.

Yerp. T M showed just how bendy 0.060 ABS can be in a post back in July

Here's the link :)

--------------

TK-4510 said:
Harrison Ford was able to sit in his armor because it was made of 0.060 ABS, possibly thinner. Look how his chest bubbles out in that scene. The stuff is cheap and thin :)
troopermaster said:

Yeah the 0.060 ABS is great stuff!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It's just because Han is quite tall too dude.

The clam shells are able to stay away from all his major joints.

If you're boardline, the top of the thigh piece will dig into your belly/groin etc when you sit down.

So it might have been made of thinner stuff, but his body shape is perfect for it

Were the original suits really floppy (kinda like what I imagine the Rubies suit is)?

Being the proud owner of a Rubies suit (that's right I said proud, lol), I can say that the Rubies suit is anything but floppy.

I would say it varies between 3-5mm and is very rigid.

I will be gradually attempting to "adjust" the suit for a better fit, as "one size fits most" doesn't really cater for 172cm and 65kg people.

Stay tuned, I will be calling on some expertise.