How do I apply the holster?

That's exactly how I attached my holster, and for the same reason. Makes the belt more compact and easier to pack if the holster can be easily attached & removed. The fact that the snaps were similar in both size and appearance to Luke's belt was a unexpected bonus. ^_^ You can get the snaps at Michaels or some other craft store.

Details are in the thread below:

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 years later...

I rivet the male snap back onto the canvas belt and attach the female side onto the holster as directed. You need to take the snap setter and/or some needle nosed pliers to hammer down and bend the rivet on the inside of the male snap once you're done so that it will fit inside the female snap.

So, you get the best of both worlds: the riveted look with the ability to pop off the holster. I did it, in part, because I use the same holster for both my hero and stunt setup -- just swap the belts. ;)

Edited by Madmartigan

I rivet the male snap back onto the canvas belt and attach the female side onto the holster as directed. You need to take the snap setter and/or some needle nosed pliers to hammer down and bend the rivet on the inside of the male snap once you're done so that it will fit inside the female snap.

So, you get the best of both worlds: the riveted look with the ability to pop off the holster. I did it, in part, because I use the same holster for both my hero and stunt setup -- just swap the belts. ;)

Yeah, I did mine the same way. Works great! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone add a snap between the belt and ab on the side to help keep the belt from sagging under the weight of the holster? I currently have 2 snaps connecting the belt to the ab center-right and center-left, but was wondering if I should add a third on the left side somewhere.

Seems most people do that, or a velcro there. Make sure if you go velcro you put the fuzzy side on the armor and the hook side on the belt, otherwise you will catch your undersuit on it all the time.

Seems most people do that, or a velcro there. Make sure if you go velcro you put the fuzzy side on the armor and the hook side on the belt, otherwise you will catch your undersuit on it all the time.

Ok, thanks! I think I will test it to see what happens, and if the belt sags I will try to give it some support.