Tim's AP Build[*AP]

Looking good! Your almost there. :D I need to find that paint on plasti dip, the painter got overspray on mine and I do not want to mess with taping and spraying a finished bucket. Great tip for my dilema, thanks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used that stupid spray rubberizor and damn near ruined my bucket -- took about 6 hours of applying windex and scrubbing vigerously and there is still a slight tint to the armor... Probably going to end up turning this suit into a TD now, oh well.

• 1 month later...

I've never had a problem with the plasti-dip stuff; found it easily removable. I used the brush on kind, maybe the spray is different.

Ā 

So I completely trashed my left boot when I tried to dye it the first time. I removed the dye, got some Nu-Life spray (and preparer) and tried again. The left boot still looks kinda nasty mostly from the frayed stiching. That happened while removing the dye I put on the first time. My right boot is awesome though. I'm very pleased. Getting white shoe cream to polish them up.

Ā 

I colored the fabric using white fabric paint.

shoedyeremoved.jpg

Ā 

Left shoe

shoepainted1.jpg

shoepainted2.jpg

Ā 

Right shoe

shoepainted3.jpg

shoepainted4.jpg

Ā 

I got canvas material from the hobby store and got the belt sewn. I've attached the front of the belt to the ab piece via snaps. The belt itself is attached to the ammo plastic part via snaps also. I wanted the canvas to be completely removable so that I could wash it more easily. I also put the elastic bands on the biceps.

belt.jpg

I'm slowing getting this finished. Can't believe it's taking me this long. The only thing I have left to do is sew my neckseal and clip my O2 canister to my belt. The canister is painted and ready to go. I noticed that my shins were rising up, mainly my right shin... the top of the boot would pop out. I'm going to snap the extra elastic from the boot to my shin piece to keep that from happening. Also, sometimes the pieces hang kinda funny and feel odd. Guess it's just the armor. Something to get used to.

wiparmor101.jpg

startrektrooper.jpg

It might feel odd,but its far from looking that way Tim.great job and like you have already said just the loose ends to take care off and your ready for duty sir.

Fantastic build and glade you took your time .