Saving Photobucket Images

gmrhodes13

In the past if you wished to save Photobucket images that have been watermarked you could right click on an image in a post and select "open link in new tab" now this would take you to an unwatermarked image BUT depending on what account and when you started it this will no longer work, Photobucket have gotten the gist of this cheat and on some accounts they have changed what you are directed too, a generic sign up page no matter what image you try to open :blink:

screen.jpg.2cb523b4e1f9c0b4e7321b9f8537adf2.jpg

Fear not here is a work around ;)

On the image on our forum, right click it and select "copy image link", 

screen2.jpg.4b07cc27ef63177e1df431e28ab56296.jpg

Then paste this into the header of any page (blank or not) and use "paste and go"

screen3.jpg.3076cd742f0ba4e8b5e02490aefe892d.jpg

This will then open the watermarked image, you then need to delete some of the code in the header, you want to keep the http://to the end.jpg

screen4.jpg.7eceb1c7baf348f727264a9fd55300f1.jpg

Like this

screen5.jpg.635d3da4f44ca24f372110cb755b452b.jpg

Highlight the front code before the http://i34.photobucket and click backspace

screen6.jpg.66dd9a5493e9a1226fd63f84387a73d4.jpg

Then highlight the end code after .jpg, click backspace then click enter

screen7.jpg.e5d6e2e8e2758a0027ccd80679d9e308.jpg

You are now left with the unwatermarked imagescreen8.thumb.jpg.b71f1eab1ae17b9a2b2486c3496aa941.jpg

You can now right click and save the image :duim:

This is a little time consuming with multi imaged threads but it works, so TAKE THAT PHOTOBUCKET :laugh1:

• Like 2

Always love stickin’ it to the man. I’m still trying to find a way to batch download an entire album page at a time. Last time I checked PB had scaled versions of each image for the thumbnails, so every batch extension and script I tried would download either the low res thumbnails or the watermarked versions. So for now I’m stuck saving them manually.

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

9 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Always love stickin’ it to the man. I’m still trying to find a way to batch download an entire album page at a time. Last time I checked PB had scaled versions of each image for the thumbnails, so every batch extension and script I tried would download either the low res thumbnails or the watermarked versions. So for now I’m stuck saving them manually.

When they fist started charging you had the option of downloading all of your photos at one go but unfortunately they changed that option after a period of time, now it's a case of having to download every image one by one, I'm glad I was able to save them all in one go, it would take me 50 years to save them all one by one :laugh1:

I lost quite a few images from my build thread and have been trying to find where else i may have stored them to restore my own threads here on the forums.

Interesting thing was at the time Photobucket pulled the pin on the free service, my images remained for almost a year without the watermarks, then suddenly one day, that changed. I wish I had downloaded then now as it would make life so much easier with restoration.

I recently was able to download individual folders with all the photos, no problem. Not sure about downloading the entire collection of photos I uploaded to PB, but perhaps if done by folders, it works. It zipped them then I just extracted and uploaded to Imgur.

6 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

I recently was able to download individual folders with all the photos, no problem. Not sure about downloading the entire collection of photos I uploaded to PB, but perhaps if done by folders, it works. It zipped them then I just extracted and uploaded to Imgur.

It seems there are different levels of access to different accounts, could be because of when they where created, or even how many folders or images they have, I keep getting messages "you are over your account limit" but I can still access my images. When the fiasco first started I could download all of my folders and images but now can no longer do so, clicking on the download does nothing, although I'm 4,500 images over my 250 limit ;) 

They are definitely making it hard for people, some are just lucky to still be able to access their images.

buck.jpg.e9c0b91aef067960e465a83bb2963f5d.jpg

• Like 1