Devcon goof up

TK-7980

Had the same problem. I sanded the area as much as possible and reglued. The glue is holding.

In reaching an area that did not get any glue, I place a dab of glue on a wooden coffee stirrer, tooth pick or even a thin knife and place it in the spot I missed. I also make sure before performing that task that I have painters or masking tape in front the problem area so that I don't get glue anywhere but the area I want it to go.

A little different.

What's good for removing glue that squeezed out of the seam? I forgot to use painters tape in my haste. :wacko:

If the glue has not yet dried, you may be able to use something like goo gone.

If the glue has dried ... I know this sound peculiar. I tried using an exacto knife, that did not work. Then I applied painters around the area where the glue was. I wrapped some sand paper around an old butter knife. I gently sanded the area. It was time consuming, but it worked. Now that I think about it, you could probably use an emory board for sanding.

Leaves a little scarring, but I use a little balthroom caulking and I have had no problems with it peeling off.

Just found out something neat while trying to cover up my mistake.

The white silicone sealant used to fill in the gap in the MRCE helmets will actually REMOVE the devcon glue from the plastic. If it doesn't remove anything, it will at least cover it up.

I'm unsure if this has any adverse effects on the plastic but I'll find out soon if there are any!