AP TD screws are they L3 acceptable?

Hello everyone
I wanted to ask to ask about the TD screws that AP provides, are they L3 acceptable?  I have asked this question before on my build thread and have had only 2 replies.  One comments said ''No they would need to be replaced with flat slotted pan head screws''.  But the other comment said ''Yes , because the idea about dome headed screws not being L3 acceptable was dropped last year''.  Does anybody else know about the AP screw acceptance?

Actually scratch that, one of the DO's commented about the screws in this thread and they are ok for L3

In theory they should be the pan-head style, but we dropped that requirement a while back as that type is difficult to source for many folks.  As long as the head is the right "size" (diameter) give or take and it is a slotted (not Philips) you are good to go.

Okay great, thanks for the reply guys.  Here is a picture of the AP screw (the ones for the TD are already painted black, this one is from the helmet packet, but they are exactly the same).

tzleWPw.jpg

I remember Justjoseph63 you already mentioned that they would be good to go because the requirements for the dome screws were dropped last year, but I just wanted to triple check.  I guess when I eventually make a start on the TD, that last thing I want to do is screw the clips on, glue the end caps in place and receive a comment that the screws need replacing for L3. :6:

But since you think they are acceptable for L3, then that's good enough for me.  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1