Crony's first TK build (ANH stunt)

Crony

I'm not quite starting my build yet and I'm not sure how swiftly updates will happen. However, a big brown box was waiting for me when i got home today and I was all too excited to open it up and take an inventory of my kit. It's MTK armor from Trooperbay. I knew it was coming soon but somehow still surprised me how quickly today became the day.

v2depUMl.jpg?1Gir2065l.jpg

NmuVrpvl.jpg?1

RFkBhQEl.jpg?1

cap n' back, faceplate

0ptV3tul.jpg?1

ears (I'm not quite sure if there's a difference between the two or simply a spare set. I swear they both have the 4 ridges but maybe i'm crazy)

mAUVcrKl.jpg?1

fastener kit, mic tips, split rivets and washers

n2KgBSjl.jpg?1

assorted rubbers: brow trim, neck trim, gloves

66mKlaUl.jpg?1

frown mesh, tube stripes, ear pinstripe tape

qs8veHul.jpg?1

assorted decals: ab plate, ear rank, helmet

djWvFV0l.jpg?1

chest, abdomen, butt

2eZB8vSl.jpg?1

upper back

zbV7qEyl.jpg?1

kidney

ZnArNkYl.jpg?1

shoulder straps, shoulder bells

r0XC1oWl.jpg?1

biceps

gRuFdjkl.jpg?1

forearms, handguards (will most likely by ordering/using flexible guards)

yc2ezDcl.jpg?1

thighs and calves

yKv3PhMl.jpg?1

rivet covers, knee plate, drop boxes, thigh ammo boxes, belt

RgsKeKJl.jpg?1

detonator: pipe, panel, caps

xNaAcHyl.jpg

and swag

(not pictured but also included: green lens and extra plastic)

Now to wait for more supplies, read some more, watch some more videos, read some more, and formulate the plan of attack.

The links and resources in response to my introduction post as well as poking around the forum in general surely prove invaluable.

That said, any comments and suggestions are extremely welcomed

• Like 3

Congratulations !!  :dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper:, let's the party begin !!  Feel free to ask questions, measure twice or more, cut and glue once .

Post photos and receive tips and suggestions for our very skilled Troopers.

Good luck with this amazing project.. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Ahhhh, the smell of a giant box full of ABS Stormtroopery goodness.  Nothing like it to strike fear in the hearts of new builders, lol, but not to worry, Donzie.. we are here to help!

MTK makes a great kit so you have a good starting point, and hopefully you have all your supplies in place, which will make your build a lot easier.  Now that you have your build thread, you can (and are encouraged to) ask as many questions as you like as well as post photos of your progress (we LOVE photos).  Speaking of which, it looks like you have the pic-posting down to a science so you are one step ahead of the game (this will come in especially handy when you have an issue).

Another thing I suggest to new builders is to take.... your... time.  Consider this a marathon and not a sprint.  Rushing leads to mistakes.  Trust me.

Hopefully you will consider taking your build past Basic 501st approval to Expert Infantry level, and then onto Centurion!  It's not quite as hard as you may think, and this is MUCH easier to do during your build rather than after.  Again, always feel free to hit us up if you have a question or issue.  It's kinda' what we do best here. :D