Too skinny?

So i've decided to go for the FX lite kit as i have no experiance and i plan to eventually modify to be more accurate in the long run (or maybe even a complete upgrade) its just that right now i don't have the cash for a better one, nor do i have the experiance to build it properly and confidently. ANYWAY i've been reading that FX is generally larger than other armors out there. Now i am without a doubt the skinniest guy i know, 5''12' and 125lb with a 29 waist and i was just wondering if this is going to look huge on me or if i can trim it to still work? what are my options??

And as always thanks for the amazing support i already know i'll recieve :D

~Brad

Maybe he was talking about a baker's foot?

Its all in how you build it. Sounds like he has the same build as VacTrooper. So far I have yet to see someone too skinny for armor.

Maybe he was talking about a baker's foot?

Its all in how you build it. Sounds like he has the same build as VacTrooper. So far I have yet to see someone too skinny for armor.

Okay thats good to hear! i was worried about dumping money into this and having it not fit :(

I just started my FX LITE build yesterday, and the thighs & shins are prooving difficult.

I think it will work out with some re-shaping, but the lowwer back of the HUGE thigh plates are not meeting in a way to maintain the /_\ shapped opening at the bottom rear center of the thigh (for the calf/shin armor clearance) I thin I'm going to end up re-cutting that trpazoid shaped notch from sctatch, which will leave me with no lip/moulding around the rear thigh. I'll post pictures once my GF clers out the digicam. I've noticed a shotage of rear leg pictures for referance as well.

FYI: skinny as well at 6ft 145lbs 33"waist

I still think this is the best option for new TK's like us, the the lowest cost entry point, and the ABS cuts really easily with tin sheers.

One piece of advice I can give is buy your foam padding BEFORE you size the armour plates to your body. Guestimating how much additional clearance you'll need is a pain. Also deffinatly get TAPE, I used duct tape to hold the pieces togther for a test fit before trimming. Once the camera is available I'll start an assembly thread in the Armour Assembly/mods section.

Be sure to check out these highdef screen capture pics for referance:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

A-Bomb said:
I just started my FX LITE build yesterday, and the thighs & shins are prooving difficult.

I think it will work out with some re-shaping, but the lowwer back of the HUGE thigh plates are not meeting in a way to maintain the /_\ shapped opening at the bottom rear center of the thigh (for the calf/shin armor clearance) I thin I'm going to end up re-cutting that trpazoid shaped notch from sctatch, which will leave me with no lip/moulding around the rear thigh. I'll post pictures once my GF clers out the digicam. I've noticed a shotage of rear leg pictures for referance as well.

FYI: skinny as well at 6ft 145lbs 33"waist

I still think this is the best option for new TK's like us, the the lowest cost entry point, and the ABS cuts really easily with tin sheers.

One piece of advice I can give is buy your foam padding BEFORE you size the armour plates to your body. Guestimating how much additional clearance you'll need is a pain. Also deffinatly get TAPE, I used duct tape to hold the pieces togther for a test fit before trimming. Once the camera is available I'll start an assembly thread in the Armour Assembly/mods section.

------------

Yeah, i am definitly nervous as to trimming and doing it correctly and making it flush and even and everything because i've never done anything like this and i really don't know how i'd go about doing it properly or what tools i'll need. i'm getting my helmet first so i think i can handle that with all the info already provided on the board buuut when i get my FX lite in another month or so everyone better be ready for A LOT of questions comming out of me!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

If you've got another month or so before you can get the armor, then I would spend that time researching so you have a better idea of what has come before and you can learn from the mistakes we've all made before.

I was pretty much clueless when I started this whole thing earlier this year. Take it slow, take your time, and don't forget the most important parts... Have fun! and take lots of pictures! We always want more pictures. :D