TK build adjustments - Legs

So i thought i would start with the legs. This is a pre-owned costume so there are a few fitting issues which i need to overcome, the first of which is the left thigh. It has been glued but its too darn tight, this is as far as i can get it on my leg and its very tight at the top. I think if i trimmed away the lip around the top, it would just about fit.

rmcWasr.jpg

There is some overlap inside but its been very well glued and i have tried to prise it apart without success. The second issue is walking...I Can't.I have seen some troopers cut a section out of the back which is what i intend to do, and that would allow me to tidy up the bottom of the thigh and the top of the calf (ill-fitting now, due to my chunky calves)

LI0MerM.jpg

Would either of these adjustments be an issue when it comes to clearing?

You should be totally fine removing the return edge on the thigh armor (in fact a lot of people do, so that it is more comfortable and doesn't pinch). Also, cutting the back of the thighs and calves on the back should be fine as well for approval. 

Though, since I am not in charge, you should check with your local GML and see what he would think on the matter. 

If you need the thighs to be bigger, you can remove the back cover strips on them (depends on what they are glued with) and glue on wider ones. But if you do that, it would be best to do that to the backs of the calves as well so that it looks uniform. But, what you suggested should be A-OK for approval.

What really effects approval is how the armor fits you, so make it look good and comfortable.

(Now I will let the experts cover anything I missed)

Edited by PhilBobTheFish
  • Like 1

No return edge is required so taking it off at the top is fine. Notching the rear of the thigh at the knee and top of the shin is acceptable and screen accurate.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

On 10/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, Rat said:

Notching the rear of the thigh at the knee and top of the shin is acceptable and screen accurate.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Just don’t overdo it or you may have issues with approval.

Edited by Harbinger