should i just go ahead and install my strapping rig?

purchased a mrnostripes bracket and strap system for the interior and from most of the build threads ive seen everyone just kinda goes for it. nervous to do that because i dont want to make a mistake. when i tape the armor on it doesnt feel like it fits right and the ab and kidney plate dont line up. any thoughts? 

much thanks,

Brendon

Sean is spot on there, Brendon.  Align the bottom of the kidney to the bottom corner of the ab plate (bottom red arrow) and see where you are.  You have a LOT of the shoulder bridge resting on the back plate, and moving this as shown with the top red arrow will give you some room to drop that back plate.

You can (and should) remove all the return edges on the side of the ab and kidney as shown with the blue lines.

Once you drop that back and bring the sides in, post up some updated pics and we can go from there.  NOTE:  the ab/kidney connection does not have to be touching for basic approval, but it has to be less than 1/2 inch for EI and no gap at all for Centurion.  

M0agxSL.jpg?1

When lining up the ab to the kidney you do so at the top only and discard any eventual "mismatch" at the bottom and the belt will also hide it. Here`s some screen used suits for reference and you can also see they left the return edge.

WWxZxMf.jpg

The angle is a bit off on this one but you can still see that the top is what matters

Lrr0qb1.jpg

And finally I include pics of my RS kit wich is an exact replica of a screen used suit so it might as well just been picked from the set so although one should be hesitate when people are showing their own armor when helping you can trust me on this. This will show much clearer and I will also include pics of an Anovos kit I just did for my son and that is a scan of a suit from the Lucas archives so it`s safe to say it`s screen accurate. One can also see it match the RS kit.

LUM7pSV.jpg0KdxcG8.jpg

ZcS1ICU.jpg

oNHKizc.jpg