Elite Standards and armor "brands"

Are the elite standards open to all makes of armor? (with the exception of the FX helmet I am aware).

Must one have AP or TE2 or some screen accurate armor to apply for elite or are fan sculpts like RT-Mod acceptable provided the details listed in the standards doc are met?

The Elite standards are NOT set upon any specific armor. The FX bucket has been listed as no longer an option due to the very specific lack of accuracy. Each kit and submission is evaluated based on the standards and the ability of each kit to capture what is really "above and beyond" the normal TK and looks more like what was seen on screen (while meeting all the standards).

Hope this helps.

Indeed it does. I ask as I am looking to go for elite and am currently making decisions on the appropriate kit for me. I must admit I am a fan of idealised but my biggest concern was that at 6'1" screen accurate armour might be a hard fit, but that I did not want to compromise my attempts at elite.

So thanks for that.

I'm 6'0" and have worn both FX & TE2 w/o any problems.-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for that Daetrin, much appreciated.

I've been obsessively researching and researching because I want to know that hen I buy my kit it's the right one for me without doubts. (esp since living in Australia shoots the cost of a kit up just by postage alone) It does seem to me to be more about the builder and how carefully they put the kit together than it does about the specific maker of the kit...

It does seem to me to be more about the builder and how carefully they put the kit together than it does about the specific maker of the kit...

Thats 100% true

FX armor can look outstanding and damn near screen accurate if you do the proper mods. Every one of those mods has a thread right here. Proper tapering of the thighs, ab buttons, and my favorite, trimming and return edging the bottom of the chest plate.

Actually that's a great idea Chris - you up for a "HOWTO: Pimp out an FX" thread? I was starting on one, but if you want to beat me to it, feel free. :D

I'll make it a sticky when done.

I really wish I could do that but I have my hands in so many little projects, one more would be suicide. I am very close to being done with my E-11 run. Plus the new helmets that need finishing.

• 1 month later...

That guy Phil that just showed up on the detachment has the Rubies armor. I would really like to see him make elite with it and I honestly think its possible. Not that its gonna be a simple task.