Shimbo’s WTF ANH stunt WIP

Shimbo

Hi everyone! So I’ve gotten some help from the local armor party, but if I only work on this there it will be a year before it’s done...not acceptable! So it was suggested I started a wip because I’m a dummy and posted a question in the wrong place so here I am. So I’ve got my forearms done (well drying) and now I’m onto my biceps. I have a wtf set and I have fat biceps. My forearms went together fine with 15mm cover strips, however my biceps seem to be a different story. a970e0945fa1129067ef2a537552b786.jpg

What it looks like with a 15mm strip.

febeab1c5716dca8c9fe5a2a9fb851cb.jpg8915cfb5c336ecabb479712e645d2830.jpg7f11a9f7b6c2a575f05d265630e61db7.jpg13f0edfa51f6ac470e8cd098faacce51.jpg

I think I can shave off some return edge to gain a little but I’m thinking it’s not going to be enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome!  I did my WTF TK and have had a lot of fun with it while learning alot.

Do you need those ridges on the biceps? What does your forearms look like?

If you can go without those ridges it would look sharp but if you need them do to larger arm size we can work with it.  It may be a trim in the front and let the back be larger type deal.

62e89169815343c83b62907b89195b7b.jpg here’s my forearms (sorry still drying) they sized where I could use 15mm on both sides hiding the remaining ridge. I just trimmed the last of the return edge on the right bicep and it helped but it’s not enough.
3fe2e57ab5bfe9c9ba313d928bb17e9e.jpg941b8b721c341515501ce823325ea726.jpgaae2bb5e63314e0994192edc6d01b4f3.jpg2648cbdda073bfc3f919ab19e4b93b6d.jpg
Last 4 pics are after the last of the return edge has been trimmed and a 15mm strip for scale. Still jacked up.

I would lose all the return edge. Especially on top. Not seen under bell anyway. Ideally all coverstrips on arms are 15mm. In your case that'ss not gonna work and you've already done forarms. I would go with a 20mm coverstrip on front but trim butt joint for 22mm. Leaving 11mm on each side. Giving 1mm to ridge. The 2mm doesn't sound like much but will help with room in bicep. Make the back coverstrip as small as you can leaving enough room to slide on and a whisker for comfort. 

The best advice I can give ya

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magni said:

I would lose all the return edge. Especially on top. Not seen under bell anyway. Ideally all coverstrips on arms are 15mm. In your case that'ss not gonna work and you've already done forarms. I would go with a 20mm coverstrip on front but trim butt joint for 22mm. Leaving 11mm on each side. Giving 1mm to ridge. The 2mm doesn't sound like much but will help with room in bicep. Make the back coverstrip as small as you can leaving enough room to slide on and a whisker for comfort. 

The best advice I can give ya

^This^

Also are you trying on with your undersuit on?  It appears you are but wanted to confirm.

Yes, I used the under suit when I did the fit. (Took off in the pic below) So using the above advise for 20mm coverstrips this is what it looks like. I could pull the 15mm off the forearms and replace with a little larger, not sure what way would be preferred. 96671eec2562d1f7ea6e69c5d28b8b68.jpgc337cf441652743e21691e58c5ebe6e3.jpg0e5c9577454563811cffcb1a4c370ce1.jpg

Ideally the strips would be the same size. But from the pictures it doesn't jump right at you that one is wider then other. The question is how far are you going? Basic or hopefully Centurion. 

Unless you have a super strict GML you can get approval with what you have so far. Higher levels I think the fronts would need to be same. Tony or Joseph can answer that one. 

And not to skip ahead but I have a WTF and you're gonna want to hot water bath that left bicep to make rounder. And Shingate spoiler: longer pcs. go on outside  for when you get to them. 

• Like 2

e42f4f6c7216872457061c36db3ea2d9.jpg also made 12 of these for the arms, is everything else 2” double snaps? (Torso etc) then for the straps, do I wait for help with sizing at the armor party to make them or can I make them ahead of time?

• Like 1

per the CRL

Hand Plates
  • Roughly pentagonal in shape, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove. As an alternative to plastic, these may be made out of latex or latex-like material.

Ask your GML, they may have a different opinion on what the "mounted securely over the back of the glove" entails

Edited by StrmTRPR85
addin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shimbo said:

I better step my game up, ukswrath got the popcorn out...

Honestly I do that to remind myself to follow a build thread, kinda like a Post It lol

Tony you broke the first rule. Now they know we're watching.

Honestly I do that to remind myself to follow a build thread, kinda like a Post It lol

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like 2