FX Armor Too Big?

I recently purchased new hand plates from EBay. These plates are considerably smaller than the FX hand plates. I E-mailed the seller about them and they responded that the FX hand armor is way too big, and the more accurate hand plate size is smaller. Please help, I know there are experts here. Is this true?

What about cutting the FX-plates a little and then giving them the return edge as shown in another thread for the chestplate using a hobbyiron?

Looks like it´s doable.

What about cutting the FX-plates a little and then giving them the return edge as shown in another thread for the chestplate using a hobbyiron?

Looks like it´s doable.

Thats an idea. I need to get a hobby iron if I want to do that.

Looks like it´s doable.

WTF???

Hobby Iron? Do you cut armor using a iron?

Hey Rick - I hope u were joking - but just in case u werent; heres the link to Thayne and Tom were talking abt

------------

its abt rounding the edge of a cut bit of armour

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Heatshock said:
Hey Rick - I hope u were joking - but just in case u werent; heres the link to Thayne and Tom were talking abt

-----------

its abt rounding the edge of a cut bit of armour

No, I was not joking. I am a brand new TK, have not even been to a troop yet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

heh no probs man - so many experienced folk around here - I wasnt sure if u were joking or being serious. My comments werent meant to be insulting - hope u foudn the post interesting and TROOP on!

Oh Yeah, you guys are the bomb...So much knowledge here, that is why I asked the question here first. I believe most of you could easily work for Lucasfilms with your knowledge.

I had no idea a typical TK was so complex. I did not know they were different in every movie too. I look forward to learning more from you.

Oh Yeah, you guys are the bomb...So much knowledge here, that is why I asked the question here first. I believe most of you could easily work for Lucasfilms with your knowledge.

The people on this board probably know more about TKs than the people at LFL. :lol:

I had no idea a typical TK was so complex. I did not know they were different in every movie too. I look forward to learning more from you.

You think TKs are complex, you should check out the clone forums. Wow! It's like starting fresh all over again.

WTF???

Hobby Iron? Do you cut armor using a iron?

Umm... no. If you read the post, it says: cutting them and then using a hobbyiron to give a return edge...