What's your favorite Star Wars video game?

Butah Fett

I was thinking about all the Star Wars games I've played over the years, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Made me wonder, what are other people's favortie SW games, whether it be arcade, PC, or console? Also, what's your earliest memory of playing a SW video game?

Personally, if I go soley off of fond memories, I think it would be either Super Star Wars or Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES. I can't recall how many hours I put into that when I was in my early teens.

I think the very first SW game I ever played was an old vector graphics sit down arcade model. I can't quite remember what the point of it was being I was probably 6 or 7, but it definately fed into my addiction for all things SW!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about all the Star Wars games I've played over the years, and I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Made me wonder, what are other people's favortie SW games, whether it be arcade, PC, or console? Also, what's your earliest memory of playing a SW video game?

Personally, if I go soley off of fond memories, I think it would be either Super Star Wars or Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES. I can't recall how many hours I put into that when I was in my early teens.

I think the very first SW game I ever played was an old vector graphics sit down arcade model. I can't quite remember what the point of it was being I was probably 6 or 7, but it definately fed into my addiction for all things SW!

As you said, it can sometimes be hard to pick just one, however if I have to, I'd say that my absolute favorite would have to be the KOTOR series, with the first being my favorite of all :D

My earliest memory was playing ESB on my atari 2600.

My favorite game would be either TIE Fighter (not compatable with XP :6:), or Galactic Battlegrounds. Lately I've been on a Battlefront kick though.

Silly but true: I'm totally addicted to Lego Star Wars 2. I can't put it down until I've finished it, which of course is pissing off the wife to no end. :lol:

Aw man, what was that really old Star Wars RTS, that most all of the action was space based, and the planetary takeovers via ground troops were automatic? It came out around the same time as Warcraft 2? Whatever the name of that game was, I loved it hardcore. I remember many a night staying up until 3-4 a.m. playing that as a kid.

Aw man, what was that really old Star Wars RTS, that most all of the action was space based, and the planetary takeovers via ground troops were automatic? It came out around the same time as Warcraft 2? Whatever the name of that game was, I loved it hardcore. I remember many a night staying up until 3-4 a.m. playing that as a kid.

Star Wars Rebellion :D

TIE Fighter not compatable? Did you get the "new" Windows version for Windows 95, or just the DOS version?

TIE Fighter is right there on top, and it is my earliest memory of Star Wars gaming (as I used to be into a game called Wing Commander which was also a flight sim, so it was natural to move from one to the other) but I still think that KOTOR has to take it, given that I've "wasted" at least 1 - 2 FULL WEEKS of my life playing it :lol:

how could i forgrt TIE Fighter............ :o ....i have the DOS vsersion and haven't been able to play it for like ever :angry: .....so now it just sits there on my shelf.I've searched everywhere for some type of "patch" for it but came up short.....i was really into it too..i even joined the Emperor's Hammer TIE Corps to play more(all the online tests to qualify)bout oh well..that's what i get for updating my computer..........

Nice :P I'm a (albeit retired) Rear Admiral in the Emperor's Hammer among my other worthless EH titles :P

Lemme find you ....

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Fighter-Je...mp;s=videogames

That's the Windows version ... I can't guarantee it will work on Windows XP, since I haven't tried in ages, but it does work in the earlier Windows system, and should port over to the XP fine :P

If not, you can always try another OLDER PC lol ... But if you want to try getting it to work, the windows version is your only hope

All the Lucasarts DOS games that they reissued for windows 95 are incompatable with Windows XP. There is info galore about it on the Lucas Arts website, but there are no plans to fix the problem :duimomlaag: .

www.emperorshammer.org

The group has had better days (in fact, I retired for a reason lol ... the group has really gotten bad) however it still has custom missions and other tools for download, so even if you decide not to join the club, its still got some fun stuff you can find online.

Silly but true: I'm totally addicted to Lego Star Wars 2. I can't put it down until I've finished it, which of course is pissing off the wife to no end. :lol:

I was completely hooked on that as well. The only reason I stopped at 98 gold bricks was I got a Wii and have been playing that since then. I need to go back and finish it up.

www.emperorshammer.org

The group has had better days (in fact, I retired for a reason lol ... the group has really gotten bad) however it still has custom missions and other tools for download, so even if you decide not to join the club, its still got some fun stuff you can find online.

Thanks! Considering my TIE was for DOS and I have no clue how to get it to work for my Mac I don't think I'll be playin'/joinin' anything related to it for a bit :( But the group and site itself are pretty interesting, I with I knew about it sooner! :)

I remember playing a lot of X-Wing (before I learned that the Empire has all the fun, of course).

I also played a lot of arcade version of ROTJ which let you play all levels of AT-ST walker (it's hard to avoid the falling logs and keep walking), biker scout (piloting your biker scout through a maze of trees and logs), and fly the Millenium Falcon into the 2nd Death Star (pipes and metal support beams EVERYWHERE). Oh, the quarters I used at the arcade...those were the days.

Don G.

TK-5372

I remember playing a lot of X-Wing (before I learned that the Empire has all the fun, of course).

I also played a lot of arcade version of ROTJ which let you play all levels of AT-ST walker (it's hard to avoid the falling logs and keep walking), biker scout (piloting your biker scout through a maze of trees and logs), and fly the Millenium Falcon into the 2nd Death Star (pipes and metal support beams EVERYWHERE). Oh, the quarters I used at the arcade...those were the days.

Don G.

TK-5372

I think that arcade game is still available at a local movie theatre!! :blink: My friends joke as I stand in line behind a bunch of kids 1/2 my height but all I can say is that I'm glad the nex gen of SW fans is strong! :lol:

Hey, would you or anyone else like a poster for your house of Lego Star Wars 2???I got a few of them from LFL last time I was there...

Just shipping and your address is all :salute:

My earliest memory was playing ESB on my atari 2600.

My favorite game would be either TIE Fighter (not compatable with XP :6:), or Galactic Battlegrounds. Lately I've been on a Battlefront kick though.

Yeah, I really got addicted to Galactic Battlegrounds, I didn't have a life for like 6 months...thats whyu I have to stay away from the new games and systems, you all would never hear from me for a couple of years :lol: but I'm gonna be really stoked when they come out with "Imperial Commando"

Just shipping and your address is all :salute:

Yeah, I really got addicted to Galactic Battlegrounds, I didn't have a life for like 6 months...thats whyu I have to stay away from the new games and systems, you all would never hear from me for a couple of years :lol: but I'm gonna be really stoked when they come out with "Imperial Commando"

Too bad "Imperial Commando" was just a rumor or at best a scraped early stage project. I'd love it if they did come out with it though.