First Piece Done....

I just finished the first piece of my armor, the left forearm. I followed the "Dave's Garage" episode as close as i could as far as assembly goes.

Im not happy with it.

There is a large gap created on the bottom seem from the velcro, even in the low profile spot its in it still looks bad. There is some extra plastic on the top piece that sticks out over it, if i get rid of it will it help diminish the gap? If not what are your suggestions? Im very thankful it was the velcro i screwed up as it can be redone.

I couldnt help it - started with small peiece too - forearm as well.

sure I wont be the 1st to ask - any pics?

as I am kinda short and fat, found I had to trim a bit more than I anticipated (damn u Dav and ur stormtrooper perfect skinniness!!!)- so far still gathering courage to make actual cuts.

i thought it looked pretty ok

Stuka is right though - white velcro helps.

hope it isnt a stupid question - but ur velcro on the upper piece; its all the way to the edge right? It helps the tip from "lifting" a bit. Only asking cos on ur 1st pic - it looks like its a little bit in from teh edge.

I am pretty much a new myself - so awaiting more comments from mroe experienced armour builders

Redid the velcro in white, it helped but i still dont like the size of the gap it leaves. My hand can squeeze through with it just glued but i figured id better just use the velcro for now incase they get bigger some how. The velcro will come off, the glue not so sure about, will post another picture when my camera charges. Thanks for all your help guys.