Questions about lenses for 2 different costumes

ErikG96

Hi everyone! :)
Seeing as this is my first post here on the forums, I hope this thread found it's correct place amongst the different subjects... 
This is meant to help both me (an ANH Stunt TK) and a friend (a Scavenger/Jakku Rey). 

First me...

I am - since nearly a year - an approved member of the Nordic Garrison. 
My helmet was molded by UK-based RS Propmasters and has remained unchanged/non-modded since I first received it. 
Currently, I only have a flimsy plastic film covering the eyes, which is fastened at both sides of the head (see enclosed images).
I think the time has come to replace these! 
What I am looking for is the proper hard, bubble-kind of lenses most commonly used for ANH Stunt. 
Where should I turn to find these? 
Do they come in different sizes/thickness? 
Are there any trusted and well established makers of these particular parts? 

...and my friend: 

My friend is an approved Scavenger/Jakku Rey and part of the local Rebel Legion posting (Wampa's Cave). 
She is just like me looking to replace the current material in her eyewear. 
In her case, it pertains to the scavenger goggles that Rey uses. 
She is currently using the lenses from an old pair of sunglasses, but want proper green bubble lenses instead. 
So asking on her behalf, would Stormtrooper lenses work for her Rey goggles as well? 
If not, what alternatives are there for these? 
Any notable differences? 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi Erik,

First of all, welcome! You can request 501st/TK access here:

Next, as per the CRL, ANH Stunt lenses are flat, not bubble (you may be thinking of the hero).

I believe the goggles for Rey are supposed to be from a TK helmet. Not sure where to procure the bubble lenses though. Others can chime in on that.

• Like 1

I know ISD used to do bubble lenses but the company changed hands and some stuff stayed with Clive when the rest went so I'd have to check.  However as mentioned Stunt should be flat, so let me know and I can find out.

• Like 1

Hey Erik, nice to see you found your way to us here at FISD :salute: (we met at the TLJ premiere in Sthlm) and...the lenses provided from RS is screen accurate for your helmet as it is a Stunt but if you want other lenses then trooperbay.com (US based) is a good source and for bubble lenses troopermaster (Uk based) and you can find him here or his FB page:duim:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucnak said:

Hi Erik,

First of all, welcome! You can request 501st/TK access here:

Next, as per the CRL, ANH Stunt lenses are flat, not bubble (you may be thinking of the hero).

I believe the goggles for Rey are supposed to be from a TK helmet. Not sure where to procure the bubble lenses though. Others can chime in on that.

Thx for the reply and the link! 
Just sent my request for access. :)
Yeah, I seem to have confused the 2 versions - been quite a while since I actually had a look at the CRL for either one. ^^

1 hour ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I know ISD used to do bubble lenses but the company changed hands and some stuff stayed with Clive when the rest went so I'd have to check.  However as mentioned Stunt should be flat, so let me know and I can find out.

Yeah, you're correct - it's a pair of flat ones I will need. 
Would be great if you could have a look! :)

4 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Hey Erik, nice to see you found your way to us here at FISD :salute: (we met at the TLJ premiere in Sthlm) and...the lenses provided from RS is screen accurate for your helmet as it is a Stunt but if you want other lenses then trooperbay.com (US based) is a good source and for bubble lenses troopermaster (Uk based) and you can find him here or his FB page:duim:

Oh, we did...? ^^
Sorry, I have no idea haha
Write me up on Facebook if you want - always nice to meet fellow Swedes! ;)

Yeah, I know they are screen accurate and all - it's just that they look pretty...well, shabby to be quite honest. 
Although I guess that's part of the charm with molds from the ones used on-screen. 
Will have a look at Troopermaster, thx for the recommendations! :)

5 minutes ago, ErikG96 said:

Sorry, I have no idea haha

No worries^_^ I was the OTTK (Hero)

And trooperbay has the flat green lenses (thicker) and TM has the bubble kind:)

Edit: I´m not a stalker, just remembered as it was your first troop as Kylo and you got to have a long interview on TV4:duim: (they cut me out:blink::D)

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1