Redblack13 Requesting Pre Approval Review (Authentic Props)

Information

1. Name:  Anthony Torres

2. Garrison:  Oklahoma Garrison

3. Armor maker:  Authentic Props

4. Helmet maker:  Authentic Props

5. Cloth belt maker:  Authentic Props

6. Neck seal maker:  Trooper Bay 

7. Boot maker:  Totally Killer Boots

8. Blaster maker: N/A

9. Gasket maker: Authentic Props

10. Height:  6' 2"

11. Weight: 230 lbs.

12. TK type:  ANH stunt

13. Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build: Various "how to" videos on YouTube

Goal: Just aiming for basic approval.

Photos

Armor

1. Front

[RQU2ZW.jpg

2. Back

folYFd.jpg

3. Right Side

c3lPWN.jpg

4. Left Side

fYlgDY.jpg

5. Ab plate close-up   *changed up the strapping on chest-to-ab and haven't done any work on the previous holes left from removing the brackets. 

kwK8WD.jpg

Helmet

1. Front

v9X0Yu.jpg

2. Right Side

p7ErKT.jpg

3. Left Side

N8JnuM.jpg

Looking really good! A few minor tweaks, not all of them actually required for approval. 

More or less from top to bottom:

• It looks like you made the little elastic loops to hold your shoulder bridges to the back plate, why not use them? It will help the bridges from going everywhere in the back.
  • It might just be your underarmor overlapping, but there seems to be a big notch in your right shoulder bell. Is this really the case? More detailed pictures would be appreciated :)
  • what is the white I can see on your right bicep, in the under arm? If it is what I think it is, you should remove more material there.
  • I can see mold lines along the bottom of both biceps. You'll want to remove more there as well. There should be no concave line along the bottom of them. 
  • Several of the covers strips on your arms are too long. They shouldn't extend farther than the piece they are actually attached to.  You don't have to remove them to correct this, just carefully dremel them back. 
  • Your right bicep is strapped much lower then the left, you'll want to bring it up to match.
  • Your back abdomen piece is set higher than your front piece. This is the most annoying problem I had. It won't affect your approval, but if you want to fix it, you can. I personally made a kind of latch on the non-rivet side to keep the two pieces in line.
  • Your belt could be brought down some, ideally it should cover the the seam between your back plate and your butt plate. EDIT: Just went back and looked at reference pictures. I was wrong. Disregard. :) 
  • You'll want to trim your belt corners to 45 degrees
  • It could just be the angle, but your dropboxes look really thin. How many millimeters tall are they?
  • This isn't technically a basic requirement, but my GML still made me change it. It's a small one, so no biggie. The rivets attaching your ammo belt to your thigh should be painted white, similar to the screws in your helmet.

If you want them, I can add pictures for any of these items that you might need. Let me know what you want to see pics of and I'll dig them up.

You're really close, congratulations are in order for how much you've accomplished so far! Let me know if you have any questions on any of the changes I've noticed.

Edited by Neb Sgird

Thank you for pointing out the missed details. I made the necessary adjustments on many of the suggestions you listed.

• The elastic loops were set a little too far forward. (ill blame my handler for now lol.)
  • My shirt was sticking out just a bit, but worry not, there is no notch in the shoulder bell.
  • The bicep does have a notched section at the upper part that caused the odd look. (Ill try to get a picture of it posted soon.)
  • I trimmed more of the bottom edge of the biceps.
  • Also trimmed all the cover strips to be more flush with the sections they are attached to on the arms. 
  • I haven't made a change to the strapping of the bicep yet, but I will look into it more. (the fitment is a bit tight, and when I move my arms the armor sometimes gets caught up in the undershirt, causing it to pull up or down at times.)
  • I haven't quite figured out how I want to tackle the  misalignment of the chest and kidney plate... but it is now on my to do list. :)
  • Trimmed the corners of the belt (don't know how I missed that lol.)
  • The drop boxes are 10mm.
  • Painted the rivets on the ammo belt. (another one of those "how did I forget to do that" moments.)

The cover strips on the rear biceps and forearms appear to be larger than the 15mm I'm used to seeing and they don't cover the raised edges. The front cover strips on those pieces look fine imo. I don't think that is a requirement for approval but it does hurt the accuracy of the armor if that is important to you. 

17 hours ago, Redblack13 said:
  • My shirt was sticking out just a bit, but worry not, there is no notch in the shoulder bell.
  • I haven't made a change to the strapping of the bicep yet, but I will look into it more. (the fitment is a bit tight, and when I move my arms the armor sometimes gets caught up in the undershirt, causing it to pull up or down at times.)

Hmm, you may consider getting a more form-fitting shirt if that's the case. If it's getting caught up in your armor, it might be too flowy. If you want to keep the shirt, one idea is to rig up some kind of clasp system on the inside of your glove. You could you bra clasps like some people do in their shins, or velcro. This will keep your shirt from riding up your arm, if that's the problem.

17 hours ago, Redblack13 said:
  • The drop boxes are 10mm.

You're good on the drop boxes then. Must have been the angle. :) 

I look forward to your updated pictures!