Twosolitudes ANH Stunt (AP)

Twosolitudes

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Just noticed your ab buttons and thought I’d throw up a suggestion. The smaller of the two has very straight edges, rather than curved. It’s a really easy update if you wanted to do it

Thanks, my paint job was bothering me too so I switched to decals

Edit: Just realized you were referring to the small rectangular button plate... I’ll sand that down to a straighter edge. Thanks for the tip! I’d rather get it right now before attaching it. :P

IYDgv7j.jpg

• Like 2

Edit: Just realized you were referring to the small rectangular button plate... I’ll sand that down to a straighter edge. Thanks for the tip! I’d rather get it right now before attaching it. 

IYDgv7j.jpg

No worries.

Btw, your painted buttons looked great! Very ANH. No issues as they were, although the decals are fine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Edit: Just realized you were referring to the small rectangular button plate... I’ll sand that down to a straighter edge. Thanks for the tip! I’d rather get it right now before attaching it. 

IYDgv7j.jpg

Can I ask where you got your abd buttons ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This was an extremely productive weekend  for my build.

To line up the drop boxes I taped them into the desired position before marking off the spot for the rivet.

cst76rp.jpg

Positioned perfectly

WN4bpP0.jpg

Marking the rivet location

coQ9bi1.jpg

Rivet set, and gluing the elastic for stability

7ADGH1s.jpg

The angle of the photo makes them look misaligned, but they are indeed lined up well with the edge of the ammo belt.

Next, I finally decided to try and paint the vocoder (a task I’ve been putting off). I wish I felt confident enough with my painting skills to freehand this, but I dont. :P

Instead, I made my own template.

j4GMX0Q.jpg

After a few coats, I’ll leave this to dry overnight and we’ll see how this turned out.

YFBfohy.jpg

Finally, I took advantage of the decent weather to escape the dungeon and set up shop in the garage to cauterize and burn holes in snap bases:

3TPGNx0.jpg

sosO3km.jpg

Starting to feel like the home stretch, with more tasks behind me than in front. :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Buoyed by the 501st approval of @willeywonka  I have been spurred to action. The last few weeks have seen some popper building and placement.

After some touch-ups the vocoder looks ok. Tackling this detail stressed me out.

9OsL0cb.jpg

The abdomen has been fastened to the kidney plate. It took a while, but I finally managed to figure out how to flatten the split rivets, using a screwdriver to wedge them open a touch, and then a large chisel to lever and press them down.

Lci7kIe.jpg

The paint will need to be touched up.

eoTt7wX.jpg

I found a suitable piece of leather to replace the holster stra

zxat2hv.jpg

uYgscAd.jpg

And the holster is attached

JOCOjGY.jpg

Completed the right side ab slot:

lLJPT6B.jpg

Sanded down my small button plate to straighten out the edges. @CableGuy is this better?

Bi6ekUY.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

First test fitting of all the completed parts together :smiley-sw013:

Very excited to be this close to completion, but I still have some adjustments to make before I can submit the pre-approval pics (which I’ll definitely be taking in better lighting!)

My belt needs to come up a touch, and one of the shoulder bells needs to come in a bit, and I need to add some foam and/or Velcro to the sniper knee calf to get it to stay straight. Think my thigh garters need to be raised a little too.

sHTeOh3.jpg

• Like 2

Looking great! Really nice fit.

Those suggestion you made (thighs, belt, shin twist etc) are easy fixes so it looks like your well on the way to clearance. :-)

Have you got the shin fix remedies lined up? (Velcro front and/or poppers at back are god options) :-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Have you got the shin fix remedies lined up? (Velcro front and/or poppers at back are god options) :-)

Thanks! 

I have some Velcro, and I had read that some people put some foam padding in, but wasn’t sure where that was. I do have plenty of extra poppers, so I’ll probably add them in for good measure. :duim:

3 hours ago, Twosolitudes said:

Thanks! 

I have some Velcro, and I had read that some people put some foam padding in, but wasn’t sure where that was. I do have plenty of extra poppers, so I’ll probably add them in for good measure. :duim:

Looking good!  For the shins, I just added some Velcro to the top front of my boot and the inside of the calf. Works great. 

• Like 1