RS Propmasters sizing question

So while RS is responding to my emails, they aren't giving me enough details in their answers.    They sent me a sizing diagram for the sizes they need.    We measured me last night and went with the closest inch or half inch on each location.    I sent it to them and asked if that was the right way to do it (I've never heard of tailors going to the tenth of an inch).    They simply responded that they need to be my exact measurements or it will be too big for me.    Do these measurements need to be that exact down to the tenth of an inch?   What happens if you fluctuate in weight down or up a few pounds over time?

Edit:   They just emailed and said I could take measurements in centimeters if needed.

Edited by Plainsrunner

yes, the metric system is overall more accurate. :)

They want your exact measurements, because the usually add some space on their own. if you already added space, then the armor will be too wide ;)

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, Plainsrunner said:

What happens if you fluctuate in weight down or up a few pounds over time?

Armor is built for your size and shape, if you put on a few pounds it may become a little snug, or if you put on even more you may not fit into it at all. It's a hard plastic shell which doesn't expand ;)

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Armor is built for your size and shape, if you put on a few pounds it may become a little snug, or if you put on even more you may not fit into it at all. It's a hard plastic shell which doesn't expand ;)

Yeah I don't usually expand or contract by much.   2 or 3 pounds depending on how much my salt intake was for the weekend.  :P

• Like 1

They are usually tailored and built very well (to Centurion standards, actually) but on the occasions that there have been problems they react very fast with replacements.

• Like 1