A few Plasti Dip questions

...you can also use craft foam like I did on my Hero bucket...

Hey Joseph,

I like the idea of creating a liner using craft foam (missus is a chronic asthmatic and highly sensitive to paint fumes in particular, so plastidip is probably out of the question for me).

What did you use to glue it in place? Regular craft glue? E-6000?

Do you find the foam makes the helmet substantially warmer?

Rudi

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, tarok said:

Hey Joseph,

I like the idea of creating a liner using craft foam (missus is a chronic asthmatic and highly sensitive to paint fumes in particular, so plastidip is probably out of the question for me).

What did you use to glue it in place? Regular craft glue? E-6000?

Do you find the foam makes the helmet substantially warmer?

Rudi

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

Actually, I used E-6000, Rudi.  As for the Plasti-dip, it stinks to high Heaven for a day or so, but then the odor disappears completely.  E-6000 actually smells worse, but also vanishes in about 48 hours.  I have bronchitis and it didn't affect me if that helps.

I've only actually worn that bucket twice (I usually go HWT) but had no problems, as I have a good fan system.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I used some of this info for reference for my bucket. I dont know if I will be able to fit the tubing in though as I can barely get my head in now lol. As far as plasti-dip, if you sit the can in warm water for a bit it helps. Went on super smooth. I did 5 coats. Wait 20-30 minutes between coats. I went ahead and sprayed the teeth and eyes. There was a little overspray but it just rubs off. Took a little time to get the overspray off the outer teeth of frown. Velcro sticks to it great!

IMG_2663.jpg

Edited by lightwave000

2 hours ago, bishopdonmiguel said:

Curious. Aside that it looks really cool, what is the practical reason for doing this?

It helps black out the helmet which in turn can assist in hiding your eyes through the lenses. It also helps black out the interior for your own vision and gives a more substantial appearance if a kid peeks under your bucket lol. I’ve also found it dampens ambient and internal sound somewhat. I also like the extra bit of heft it gives the bucket. 

It helps black out the helmet which in turn can assist in hiding your eyes through the lenses. It also helps black out the interior for your own vision and gives a more substantial appearance if a kid peeks under your bucket lol. I’ve also found it dampens ambient and internal sound somewhat. I also like the extra bit of heft it gives the bucket. 

Sounds promising. Count me in and thanks for the explanation.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...