Buying a recasted armor

• 1 year later...

If the details are there and it is built correctly I don't think it would prevent you from getting approved. All depends on what your GML says about the details. Recasting is a big no no around here but I've not heard of it preventing approval. The key I'd think is if the proper details are in place, if its too soft I could see them rejecting it.

Correct.  Recasting is very much frowned upon, and we don't recommend giving business to recasters, on moral grounds if nothing else.

But as long as the armor is accurate (whether that's true depends on the individual recaster), it's assembled correctly, and fits you correctly, there's no reason why any given armor would not be approved just because of who made it.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, The end said:

I was just wondering if I decided to buy an armor that is made of a recast and I get to make approved I could not get to the end because my armor is a recast?

You may find the details are not as crisp as other armor. At the end of the day as others have said recasting is frowned upon but it's entirely up to you if you wish to purchase, personally I would not just to save a few $'s, you are basically endorsing their recasting efforts.

As will all costume approvals it ultimately comes down to a decision of your GML (garrison membership liaison) perhaps reach out to him/her. 

Going through a vetted seller you are assured of a quality product and most importantly delivery ;) 

• Like 1