Will these boots work?

Howdy y'all. 

TKboots, as you know, are very limited on supply and it seems that Imperial is out for the month.  Unfortunately, I need some boots before the Great Pumpkin rises from the pumpkin patch.  I found some black Chelseas that might work but would greatly appreciate some opinions from those of you here with more knowledge.  Is the missing pull on tab a big deal?  The soles are leather, too.  I reckon I can glue on thin soles over the leather when it comes time for approval. 

Thank you!  :D

Z2mWsBw.jpg

wBMepvj.jpg

• Like 1

They look fine.  A lot of boots only have the pull tabs on the back.  Select a paint that would be good for leather and tape off those soles.  I think you're in business.

Edited by Shanester

Just now, Shanester said:

They look fine.  A lot of boots only have the pull tabs on the back.  Select a paint that would be good for leather and tape off those soles.  I think you're in business.

Excellent!  Thank you!  I was getting nervous thinking I'd have to borrow my friend's size 13s (I wear 10). 

LOL, these boots, if painted well, should get you through even the highest approvals because they are constructed in a "movie accurate" way.  Just a different color (for now).  By the way, many troopers go this route.

From the picture they dont look bad. I think you'll be fine if you quit saying they're leather soles:PJK

Make sure you clean them back to leather before you paint. I use acetone and some rags and elbow grease. If you don't get that finish off the new paint won't stick.

I think your boots can pass as long as you paint it well. Show us some of your progress photos here. Goodluck bro!

12 hours ago, Evil Robot Ted said:

Are the leather soles going to be a hurdle or should I get some Vibram half soles?  Thanks again!

The way those boots are fine with the soles as is.  Just deglaze them and then paint them and you'll be golden.

Last time I checked you can still get the same boots as they used in 76 but I can't remember the makers name.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, magni said:

From the picture they dont look bad. I think you'll be fine if you quit saying they're leather soles:PJK

Make sure you clean them back to leather before you paint. I use acetone and some rags and elbow grease. If you don't get that finish off the new paint won't stick.

These aren't the leather soles we're looking for...:D

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Before:
8iXh2JH.jpg

After:

orN6fbU.jpg

A bit of the creases are showing but not bad.  Took 4 coats.  Should be good for protecting me from Ewoks.

Can u name the leather paint you used and how much your total MOD was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk