stormtrooper shop

Ok guys, took a little while to get here. The armors great imo :D Just the mic tips are weird and the buttons will need to be changed.. everything else great though.

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

And mrod38, you play star wars galaxies? Just guessing by your avatar.

mike

it´s fx recast made in asia

a lot of guys in germany bought from him

but imo they can´t say something about quality cause they don´t know about other armors or quality

but for this price i would go for a fun costume in other color like orange (jagertrooper *lol*)

but he won´t do this

*sheepishly puts up hand*

hey mike - I bought a kit before I knew better *embarassed look*

It is defo recast. guy states its from UK - but as Mario says; I think its origins are ...ambiguous at best.

I know 1 or 2 UK troopers who have got this as well. can post some piccies if you really want to see the stuff.

but I have now learnt my lesson and go straight to armourer/lid makers for my stuff

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Well...............I did get my kit from him, always had good communication and arrived a week after shipped.

Is it perfect?, I cant say, but everything was there and as it has been said on here, there are plenty of people that can help us fix it!

It's a good starter, so thats the way I look at it......................so I guess thats where I stand :D

I got mine for just under $400.00

And everytime I looked for other FX kits, I couldnt find them.....................now I have seen plenty for sale in different forums :blink:

Its a start and I'm sure you guys will give suggestions on how to tweak it!

I agree that the details look a bit soft which leads me to believe he's selling recast kit. Also his accessories aren't the best. This is why only Ward is selling FX on FISD - he's been the only reliable seller of good quality FX kits that we've seen.

Kerry and for you other guys - don't sweat it too much. With a bit of work it should be a good first kit. The easy list is:

1) Chuck the helmet and get something else, e.g. MRCE, AP, TE2

2) Replace the ab plate buttons with correct ones

3) Replace the belt with a canvas one

Other that that, the FX armor is a solid base. There are some pretty amazing ways one can pimp out FX and it can be made to look really good.

• 1 month later...

Stormtrooper_shop armor is a wonky FX recast.

I had previously bought the child armor on eBay for my 6 year old son this Halloween and for his Star Wars themed birthday party at Planet Lazer 2 days later.

I must admit it was a steal at $115 US and a great project for me to get my hands dirty with. Hopefully I'll remember what I learned NOT to do on my armor.

The moulds were not as clean as I had expected and the lines did not match up properly (especially the lid!), but definitely still a head turner. We even had grinning dads from several different birthday parties stopping by our area to chat my boy up.

as promised, it arrived before Halloween. It came 3 days before so it was a mad dash to make. I ended up using a buttload of velcro to hasten the project (see pic - the helmet shown is NOT the helmet kit that came with it. I didn't have time to build it for Halloween so my lucky little fella got to use me MRCE that night!)

On my armor, I think I'll take a little more time :)

*NOTE*

I did NOT purchase an adult armor from Stormtrooper_shop due to the poor quality. I have used Troopersupplies based out of CA for my complete FX armor kit. They have a decent reputation and their customer service has been nothing but first class!

Every email has been answered. Professionalism is gangbusters! They even threw in a free pauldron and black cog patch. All for $475!

You couldn't ask for a more positive experience for a newbie like myself!

• 4 months later...
Hi account was flagged saying that he was on holiday, i kept emailing him in the end he said that it had been shipped but sent another in it's place...don't think he ever did send the first one

The same shucks he told me as i bought a neckseal from him.

He said that he is in holliday in Thailand.

But it's a lie, because he make all his parts in Thailand not in GB and send it from there ,too.

I never buy again from this guy.

• 2 weeks later...

i may be able to shed some light on the stormtrooper shop iv meet the owner once he came to my house once to look and my halo suit build he seems like a good bloke i think the reason he may not be fast with his reply's is due to the fact hes got a house abroad and goses out to it 4 months of the year i think he said i have noticed that skywalkers the shop in swindon wiltshire sell his fx kits it would be nice if they sold replacement parts then newbies like me could buy a bit each week lol :P