Lucas's ATA Build! (Made a forearm mistake :( )

LuluSupreme

Hello everyone! Last year after Rouge One came out I finally decided to take the plunge and put myself on the waiting list for an ATA TK kit. Its been a hectic nine months and I have had absolutely no time to prepare but we are finally here, my kit arrived in the mail! Before I start slicing and gluing I was hoping to get some links to threads/youtube videos that people recommend (I'm just trying for basic 501st approval). I was thinking that I would start with the arms and probably finish with the helmet but I thought that I'd check with you guys first. Any help/suggestions would be lovely :)

If I follow these videos would my armor be accurate enough for 501st approval?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq6RYjY_inQ

22553750_1464899236950360_614288480_o.jpg

Edited by LuluSupreme

Congratulations on BBB Day!

I'd check out other ATA build threads or check out Mike's video's over at Trooperbay. I hear people say it has some good info. Not much difference between ATA and MTK for assembly purposes.

Good Luck with your build!

And know before you cut!

• 8 months later...

Okay I made a rookie mistake and am wondering what you guys would recommend doing in this situation. So I started on the forearms, the tutorial that I was following (I don't remember which one it was) wasn't very clear on where to cut and I accidentally cut off the returns (Here is a picture of it). What would you recommend doing here? Is it possible to fix, does it matter for basic approval and if it isn't possible to fix is it possible to just order a new forearm from someone? Sorry for all the newbie questions lol. WwBl4u9.jpg

i9eSJst.jpg

I haven't done any sanding yet (thats why its super super rough)

Depends how large you need it. If your arms fit as it currently is you should be able to use the ‘butt and joint’ method to glue it together.
Here is how I did my ATA forearms.
------------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working