Is this repairable?

Not much description here. But from what I see you used velcro to close back of thighs and thats wrong. It would never hold. Rework with E-6000 and inside and outside coverstrips. From the picture it looks like there's enough extra plastic from inside lap.if your other thigh is same way it will need attention also. The only seam that should use Velcro is back of shins. The good news is mostly anything can be fixed. And this looks like one of them. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Now you mention that I think your right. It is torn on overlap for sure. Um, that must have taken some pressure to do that.

Yes.  You can put a shim on the back and put a cover strip on top of that.

Actually I disagree with Randy - my first TK I trooped exclusively with Velcro thighs and never had a problem.  Even marched in the Rose Parade with them.  If they are splitting it simply means that you have them too tight it all.  

When you do switch out from Velcro to glue though, you have to leave a little more room as the Velcro takes up space and also has a little give.  I made the mistake of taking off my Velcro and gluing directly, and then found my thighs were too tight and had to hunt for new ones.  Ouch!

Thanks for the replies guys, it is as you pointed out an overlap, I bought the suit used and pretty much every join has been done with velcro so too much work for converting, this will be used maybe for occasional fancy dress and for the most part will just live on a mannequin. I'm on a very tight budget at the moment and just bought what I could afford for now, if I decide to join properly at some point I'll be saving for better armour.  I think the best way for me to repair this is just glue from behind and maybe some liquid abs down the front to fill the crack.  It actually split on the journey home from picking it up, I think due it being already cracked with age which unfortunately I hadn't noticed, the other thigh also has a crack but hasnt split apart yet.