Darthanael's AP ANH Stunt Build (Cehttps://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42121-darthanaels-ap-anh-stunt-build-centurion-the-road-to-trooping/nturion). The road to trooping!

darthanael

Hey everyone, I have a question about the gloves. Since my first attempt didn't go so well, I need to purchase new ones. I found some great ones at Home Depot, but on the inside they have a small letter marking the size of the gloves. Is this okay or do they need to be completely blank? Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I have a question about the gloves. Since my first attempt didn't go so well, I need to purchase new ones. I found some great ones at Home Depot, but on the inside they have a small letter marking the size of the gloves. Is this okay or do they need to be completely blank? Thanks in advance!

Where is the mark - on the inside or outside cuff?

Hey guys,

So I read on the forum somewhere to try removing the inside return edge from the thigh piece because it can be pretty uncomfortable when trooping. So I did that, but then I accidentally trimmed the return edge on the other side as well. Will this effect my centurion status?

3e1a9a018605ca24b9e03ee1a75138d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay another question guys, sorry! I was looking through supernaut11's build thread and he was modifying the holster to be centurion approved. I was not aware my AP holster had to be modified for approval... ?? He was changing out the straps so that they weren't the black leather straps anymore. Do I need to do this? I know the CRL reference photo has a more natural look to the leather straps, but an old photo of the original RS suit shows them as black. What should I go with for centurion approval?

Here's the CRL reference photo:

TK_anh_stunt_holster.jpeg

Here's the RS suit:

gallery_12157_59_5037.jpg

Not sure on that one. I have like the CRL as I'm sure 99% of us do. I doesn't say either way. But I myself would follow what picture shows and watch SW again.

For research, yeah, research

22 hours ago, darthanael said:

Hey guys,

So I read on the forum somewhere to try removing the inside return edge from the thigh piece because it can be pretty uncomfortable when trooping. So I did that, but then I accidentally trimmed the return edge on the other side as well. Will this effect my centurion status?

3e1a9a018605ca24b9e03ee1a75138d8.jpg

We wound up leaving ours on (good to know that either way doesn't impact Centurion), but so far, we haven't had any comfort issues with the return edge on the thighs.  Guess we will know for sure when we've walked around for more than 30 minutes!  Great progress and keep it up!

Don't forget to refer to the cannon shots mate, when aiming for Centurion. I played it safe and changed them out as well.

Yeah I think I'll just change them and not risk it!! Any idea where a good place to get them is? Maybe Joann's or Hobby Lobby?

Ok update on the build. Sorry haven't posted much for a while. Kinda been in research/Q&A mode. First of all, it was my birthday today! And what did I do? You guessed it. Worked on my build of course! My wife helped me measure (again) the torso section and I trimmed that down to size.

ba13e8bf0e517738bbc5269e746960bd.jpg

e0e82f9efcde0e1a39249a9e4a2085a2.jpg

Forearms are officially done.

d65be129a2e8ccd1b80622865c27edd2.jpg

d2e8da477e58ae34303fa34cc42f3e07.jpg

Trimmed the thigh ammo using the TD pipe (Per trooper bay build video tips).

99f1b3a77c01ca102c84cc9e9746e13b.jpg

Picked up my rolling case for trooping! I'm jumping the gun a little, but I've just been so stoked to buy it! I have some cool design mods in mind for it.

437558fb7490d5d4e932499cb26fc328.jpg

I also got some great undersuit pants from Amazon. First ones I ordered weren't good. But I need to send back the undersuit top again. I think another size smaller will do.

I've been really wrestling with the thigh pieces, is that normal? There were several boiling water baths that took place to get them right. I think it's the fact that when you trim them to your body, you're not just cutting straight lines off the back, they're diagonal. So then the ABS doesn't want to bend to connect. I think I finally got them to a good place now. 20mm backing strips are being E6000'd to those as I type this.

bd7c70102395c6809c17d1821005d9cf.jpg

fd1a876cde258c60516443ebf70cb11a.jpg

Another post coming with bucket build details!

• Like 1

I love hearing someone is too busy researching to build, nice work :D.

Really depends from armor to armor how the pieces sit and go together, looks like you have done well getting them aligned.

Good luck you are going great.

• Like 1

I love hearing someone is too busy researching to build, nice work :D.

Really depends from armor to armor how the pieces sit and go together, looks like you have done well getting them aligned.

Good luck you are going great.

Haha thanks! Honestly, I've realized it's 75% of the build process if you wanna get it right! And even then I still make mistakes, but hey, that's part of the process too. Plus I'm learning for when I do my next one

Yeah I think I'll just change them and not risk it!! Any idea where a good place to get them is? Maybe Joann's or Hobby Lobby?

There's a leather scraps bag at Michael's Leather Work area - Fabric Isle

Happy Birthday!  Love the way the forearms came out especially that cut up at the top with the cover strip.  Apologies ahead of time, but I think I am stealing that and doing it to my forearms as well!

Happy Birthday!  Love the way the forearms came out especially that cut up at the top with the cover strip.  Apologies ahead of time, but I think I am stealing that and doing it to my forearms as well!

Haha thanks I'm flattered! I've been using your build thread a lot for reference, thanks for being so thorough!!

• Like 1