What do you think about this kit?

Elvistrooper93

Hello everyone,

I would like to start with my first costume and I'm a little crazy with so much information everywhere. In addition to the more common pages that I know, I'm looking for more economic possibilities, and I would like to know what you think about  this.

As it is not complete, I do not know if it will really come out cheaper once you have to buy the parts that are missing. Please advise!

In any case, as I dont want to spend my money, but less, in something bad,  where you recommend me to buy it?

thank you very much!

I did my research and everything points to not buying on ebay 99.9% of the time. If they are selling for 250 bucks then it is probably a very poor quality kit. Most of the time a recast that is made with low quality materials. Someone is looking to make a quick buck. Stay within the list of vetted armor makers that the experienced people around the FISD recommend and you won't waste your time and money.

• Like 3

Some excellent advice from Tom there, Olmo.  The old saying "If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't" definitely applies here.  If you are in search of a Halloween costume it's fine, but if you are (hopefully) looking to join the 501st, steer clear of it.  As he mentioned, the Getting Started section will be the place to do your research for a quality set of armor.  The two you should especially check out are these:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

I ordered from Walt's Factory on Facebook. A little more pricey (I think about $200 more) but it should arrive months sooner than if I had gone with Anovos. I've heard Walt's is better quality and better customer service. I'm waiting on my cut to arrive so in the meantime I've ordered the boots and the soft stuff. I think all of it... well except gloves.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk