Ensi's FOTK Build (Jimmiroquai) [PICTURE HEAVY]

Ensi

Hey Daniel.
I am stealing so much from your build for my own when all my stuff arrives. Deposit paid for armour so hopefully Jim will be casting soon. Gaskets ordered from Geeky Pinks gaskets on FB.
I will be starting a thread soon asking lots of questions but for now I have one for you if you don't mind. You said you were doing much of your painting in a tent. Absolute genius move and I'm thinking that I will have to do the same due to horrible Scottish weather. I have been looking at the upright changing/shower tents but don't know if they would be large enough and just wondered what size of tent you used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

What's the benefits of making the interior black? Just curious I've done it just because people said to but haven't done it on my new Anovos bucket yet

As hankey said:

8 hours ago, Hankey said:

From what I've read with the other TK helmets, it helps to block out light that comes through the white. Sometimes it's also used as reinforcing if the helmet feels flimsy. Not sure with the FOTK if it is needed in either of these cases though. 

And I also read it helps focus your vision out of the bucket, can definitely see that one. Oh and the most important reason why is it looks cool as poodoo. If you want to go über accurate though leave it white.

7 hours ago, Bri_McD135 said:

Hey Daniel.
I am stealing so much from your build for my own when all my stuff arrives. Deposit paid for armour so hopefully Jim will be casting soon. Gaskets ordered from Geeky Pinks gaskets on FB.
I will be starting a thread soon asking lots of questions but for now I have one for you if you don't mind. You said you were doing much of your painting in a tent. Absolute genius move and I'm thinking that I will have to do the same due to horrible Scottish weather. I have been looking at the upright changing/shower tents but don't know if they would be large enough and just wondered what size of tent you used.

Good choice on Geeky Pinks! Can't go wrong with her.

Awesome that you're gonna start a thread, takes a while to document everything but it is so worth it. Plus you dump a lot of knowledge and information out to those new builders and get the chance to get answers from the more experienced ones on that costume. The tent I used was a small 2-person "go to a festival and leave it there" type of tent, it's really cramped and not a lot of space so I could really just paint a big piece at once or both thighs/shins etc.

Also if you don't have a proper respirator and you're going to do this, GET ONE. Painting inside such a confined space without a proper respirator with filters is just asking for trouble, also wear clothes you don't care about.

OmdqlXg.jpg

dMqNvWu.jpg

• Like 2

Good choice on Geeky Pinks! Can't go wrong with her.

Awesome that you're gonna start a thread, takes a while to document everything but it is so worth it. Plus you dump a lot of knowledge and information out to those new builders and get the chance to get answers from the more experienced ones on that costume. The tent I used was a small 2-person "go to a festival and leave it there" type of tent, it's really cramped and not a lot of space so I could really just paint a big piece at once or both thighs/shins etc.

Also if you don't have a proper respirator and you're going to do this, GET ONE. Painting inside such a confined space without a proper respirator with filters is just asking for trouble, also wear clothes you don't care about.

OmdqlXg.jpg

dMqNvWu.jpg

Thanks for the info Daniel. I'll get a tent ordered. I have a massive list of things to order, from wet & dry paper to filler and fibreglass repair kit and beyond. Safety gear is all there already (courtesy of my employer )
I'll try and get my thread up and running before armour arrives to give myself a head start (I'll need it as we are doing a Jawa for wife at the moment too). Never enough time to do far too many things

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, FN-1313 said:

Following for future reference. Great build! and excellent guide!

Thanks :) Going to post some more updates later as i've had some time with the armor. Mods i've done etc!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Thanks :) Going to post some more updates later as i've had some time with the armor. Mods i've done etc!

Looking forward to it. I've got his V5 kit on order so there will be slight differences, but I did enjoy seeing someone who's on their first build like I am with one of these.