Undersuit pants shredded / nike pro combat

Sooo after only three troops in them, my pants are shredded. 

We did a parade last weekend (about a mile and a half) and they were torn to shreds after. We did special olympics and an art show the week before and they were totally fine.  They are Nike Pro Combat so I figured they'd be decent but they are totaled.  What does everyone like for undersuit pants?  I checked my armor and I've got the edges sanded down pretty well on the edges of the cod/back so they are smooth, but they destroyed this fabric.  It looks like these seams are perfectly in the wrong place for trooping. 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

These were only $30 on Amazon, so I'm not out too much. It's the friction on the seams that looks like them blew them out. But the fabric breathes nicely. Glad I layer up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's weird. I float a few pairs, ok 3 and I've got over 30 troops on my Nike Pro including a few parades and nothing wrong at all. Even UnderArmor holds up nice. If you have a return edge on the thighs it is definitely rubbing or even snagging to make a hole like that. How about a picture of your thighs. Inside and out. You definitely want to fix this. Even cheap compression wear would end up costing you big dollars.

• Like 3

That's weird. I float a few pairs, ok 3 and I've got over 30 troops on my Nike Pro including a few parades and nothing wrong at all. Even UnderArmor holds up nice. If you have a return edge on the thighs it is definitely rubbing or even snagging to make a hole like that. How about a picture of your thighs. Inside and out. You definitely want to fix this. Even cheap compression wear would end up costing you big dollars.

I didn't think about the thighs. I'm an idiot. I know I can probably sand those down and round them off a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXCELLENT point from Randy!  That's the first thing I thought of as well.  You can (and should) remove all the return edges from the inside of that area and use a very fine grade of sandpaper (300 grit or higher) to smooth them down.  That should remedy that immediately.

You don't have to pay a lot for a decent pair of new compression pants: https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Baselayeror-Workout-Running-Leggings/dp/B01MTLA3WQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1495619650&sr=8-20&keywords=men+black+compression+pants

• Like 4

EXCELLENT point from Randy!  That's the first thing I thought of as well.  You can (and should) remove all the return edges from the inside of that area and use a very fine grade of sandpaper (300 grit or higher) to smooth them down.  That should remedy that immediately.

You don't have to pay a lot for a decent pair of new compression pants: https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Baselayeror-Workout-Running-Leggings/dp/B01MTLA3WQ/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1495619650&sr=8-20&keywords=men+black+compression+pants

Yeah, Randy nailed it.  I just looked at my thighs and they are pretty rough.  Since I'm going for centurion and its my first build I was super paranoid about cutting too much of anything off.  I pulled the thighs way up on the last troop to fix the armor bite on the back leg, and where the holes are is where the top edges of the thighs are a little chewed and could be rounded off and smoothed out.  I was thinking cod piece, but it's all the thighs. That was the change between last weekend and this weekend was the placement of those.  Thanks Joseph and Randy!  (and for $7, i just popped another pair of pants in my cart from your link. backups are always good)  Thanks gents!

• Like 2