What am I doing wrong with Novus?

Albaz

So I have a few scratches on my armor that I am trying to get rid of, and a few tiny drops of glue here and there that I wet sanded (1500 sand paper). I am using the 3-2-1 novus and I cannot polish the ABS, no matter what I do. I tried several times but nothing happens. A lot of people told me it work wonders...so I must be doing something wrong...

I use the Novus system, but to be honest it just takes time, (and a soft cloth).  Don't be in a hurry, and spend a bit more time on the first 2 steps.  As Anthony mentioned, photos would really help a lot.

I've been using the foam ball (Mother's Powerball 4Lights) in a cordless drill from a headlight restoration kit.

Clean w/ 1, then go 3-2 using the ball and 1 with a cloth. Just make sure not you put too much pressure and keep the cordless drill at a lower RPM.

Haven't tried the headlight polish yet that came with it, may try on an inconspicuous area, especially if it has UV protectant in it.

I use very high grit (400-2400) wet sanding sheets. When sanding, use an up down motion, then on the next sheet use a left right motion. "Wash, rinse, repeat". With a light touch, and patience it should come out beautifully.

What kind of glue were you using? E6000? If so, then you should be able to rub it off with the pad of a finger or your thumb. Then wipe the area with propyl alcohol and a micro fiber cloth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I actualy used zap-a-gap glue. I know, not the right thing to use for a complete novice. I started the wet sanding process and it's now gone. Now I am using the novus but the original shine is lost....I dont know. We have an armor party on 6/3, I am sure other people in ECG can help me figure it out once they see it person

• Like 1