Please Post Pics of Your Helmet(s)

Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys could do me a huge favor. I am trying to plan out how I want to position the electronics inside of my MR CE helmet. I am planning on getting the Radio Shack personal amp for in-helmet sound, and I also am getting Stomper's Super Trooper In-Aerator speakers, but I need to find a way to position the amp inside the helmet (along with kneepads for better fitting etc...). Just to get some general ideas about how to go about doing this, do you think you all might be able to snap some pics for me of the inside of your helmet(s) to help me figure out how to position my amp / batteries and everything?

I would really appreciate it, it would help me out alot.

Thanks,

Philip

Here's a look I'm going for:

---------------

Dunno if it helps, but I like it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I just finished getting the sound system into my helmet today. Here are some pics of what I have put in. Albeit this is in my FX helmet, but I am running the sound through a set of Stomper's great Hovi speakers. It's still a little quick and dirty, but it's all contained and works.

Messy, but gives you an idea----------------

The amp for my voice unit fits quite nicely in the "corner" under the ears, and the battery pack is in the back.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I currently have a set up a wireless system, with Radioshack amp and receiver in the chest piece and the transmitter and mic in the helmet. For me the back of the helmet is a good spot for the transmitter, its attached with industrial Velcro and the mic with hot glue. I have an RT-Mod 2 type fiberglass helmet and I am working on getting a AP ABS one. In the new helmet I am planning to use either the Radioshack amp or a WalMart Voice changer, with Stompers Mic tips.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Here's some pics of my bucket I have made it all removeable just in case I fancy swapping lids....

This is the back , rom-fx , 2 x 4AA battery holders and a 9v battery clip

------------

The front , 2 x fans , 9v switchable battery box and mic for the rom-fx. The speakers for the sound are Stompers aereators which are freakin awsome !

----------

Most of the wires are run around the helmet inside the undertrim

---------

Andy.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

BH5204 said:

The inside of my AP helmet. TrikToys system with Stomper Hovi's

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the pics, this really helps.

^ In this helmet though, how did you attach the triktoys amp and everything? Did you actually glue the Trik Toys amp to the helmet? How about the fan, did you glue that as well? Also, I was thinking of buying the triktoys amp. How well does it work with Stomper's speakers?

I used hot glue, but dont let it get too hot, it'll start to soften the plastic. Keep a stream of cold water handy. The amp works OK with the speakers, Decent sound, but it wont blow doors open with volume, good enough for most trooping. the Triktoys amp is just a Radio shack amp that's been taken out fo it's box. If you dont want to do the work, you can buy it from them. I disassembled their mic and shortened the wire. I also have their sound module, but I'm not using it. Mine is starting to work intermittently, so I let it out all together. standard RS fan with 9 volt. I also just put in a squirrel fan along the left tube. decent airflow.

Put a trik toys in my MR for experimenting and a set of speakers on the inside of the helmet.

Works great. Not much cost. I think ill leave it for now

This is the speaker. Duh.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed