Another beginner question I guess :D

Hello all! 

I've been looking around to get myself a nice stormtrooper outfit and I thought I could ask you experienced people some questions because right now I cannot decide what to do... I have been researching for a while and reading on the Internet (I have studied everything mentioned in your "The various types of armor and where to find them" post, by the way!) and I have found that 3 places seem to offer some really nice props. So I would like to know what you guys think about those 3 places and whcih one do you think I should buy from (and maybe why)? By the way, I would like to mention that I have no real skill in building it myself, so I am aiming at buying a fully ready set. ^^ Also, I would like a good suit that I could use to do some trooper stuff and not something very fragile made just to be displayed... :) And I am located in Quebec, Canada!

The 3 places I am considering are the following : RS Prop Masters, Anovos and Shepperton Design Studios (Original Stormtrooper)

Soooo..... what do you all think? :D

Thanks a lot for your help and for offering a nice and helpful place like this to people like me!!

Edited by hollowbodies

Hi Dave, where abouts are you?

The first two you've listed are worth further investigation, the last isn't.  

Building a kit isn't as hard as it looks and can be done with a little time, care and help.  If you let us know where you are you might even be able to meet up with someone and get some hands on guidance.

Welcome to the FISD.

Chris.

• Like 2

Since you are in Quebec, I would also recommend you look at AuthenticProps (AP) since they are literally in your neighborhood ... fast delivery and no import taxes!

• Like 2

Since you are in Quebec, I would also recommend you look at AuthenticProps (AP) since they are literally in your neighborhood ... fast delivery and no import taxes!

Yeah I saw that too, but I couldn't find then anywhere on the Internet... How can I see what they do and contact them? And are they making great quality stuff? 

Thanks

Yeah I saw that too, but I couldn't find then anywhere on the Internet... How can I see what they do and contact them? And are they making great quality stuff? 

Thanks

He is here on FISD - his forum name is "ABS80". But the best way to reach him is via email - authenticprops@hotmail.com

Here is one of his recent threads: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/40820-ap-armor-no-helmet-only-499

Hi Dave and welcome! I notice you said you had read the thread about various armors and where to find them, but maybe you might benefit from a second look. I know there is a TON of information about armor out there, but that thread actually has all the contact information for each of the vetted armorers:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

I'm only mentioning this because you might have missed another armorer on there that would fit your situation. AP was a great suggestion and their contact information is in that thread. SDS is not listed there for a reason. It's SUCH a great and complete guide.

I would also caution you against buying a fully assembled kit. Many of us had NO SKILL as it related to putting together armor, but by attending build parties and following build threads and all the good advice here we were able to put together armor (sometimes qualifying for the highest levels of screen accuracy). A fully assembled kit is going to take tweaking to fit to you most likely, and you will need the knowledge of how the armor was built and strapped to maintain and repair it along the way. Not only that, but you will save a TON of money by doing the work yourself and you will gain a pride in accomplishment that you didn't know you could achieve.

Hope all that helps. I know it's a TON of information to wade through, but you're basically investing your time and energy into a hobby that will last a lifetime. It's SO worth it.

Good luck and best wishes in your journey!

Edited by bobafret
  • Like 2