Almost finished

1461f776a3c94613f1fdda809d715dd4.jpgc4c088aaa194ba7ec57d908b34f1c55d.jpgAll most done. Just got to adjust the thigh pieces and a little bit of painting. Just excited to try it on. Also what's the best helmet padding to use, I tried the hard hat plastic interior but didn't fit right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks good!  You may want to rotate that left thigh a bit.  The seam should line up over the front seam of the shin.  As you've got it, the seam on the thigh is facing out to the left and your sniper knee is tucked in there.

I had no luck with hard hat liners as well.  I've ended up using a combination of helmet lining, tactical pads, and door weather strip tape (1" x  5/16") to customize the fit inside my helmets.  

• Like 1

Looking good, Nathan!  Looks as if you will be aiming for EIB and then Centurion, so you will need to paint the rivets on your ab/kidney connection white.  We can't see the ones on the ammo thigh pack, but those should be white as well.  If you can, I would see about raising the belt a bit to the point where it touches the ab button plate.  (Nice paint job on those buttons, by the way)!

To keep your sniper knee plate from riding under your thigh, (I had the same problem) you can glue a strip of 1 x 1 x 8 inch (3 cm x 3 cm x 20 cm) stip in the inside, just behind the cover strip.  This will help push it out and prevent it from getting wedged behind the piece above.

As for padding, there are a multitude of ways to do it.  Your bucket looks as if it sits pretty well now, so be careful not to pad the top too much (if at all).  I used one inch thick "chair padding" in the top of mine at first, but found that it rode too high and I was constantly tilting my helmet forward just to be able to see.  I yanked it out, and BINGO.  Perfect!

To keep it from wobbling around, I used a strip of black foam about 8 cm wide, 2 cm thick and just long enough to stretch from ear to ear.  I attach it with Velcro (so I can take it out to clean it) and it holds the bucket in place quite comfortably.

You did a fantastic job on the forearm trimming.  You can also remove all the return edge on your upper thighs if it helps with comfort.  (Return edges in that area can chafe your legs after trooping for a while).

• Like 1