TK-77797

ANH EIB

FISD Name: MacPhisto

Garrison Tyranus

Armor: Anovos

Soft Goods: Anovos

Helmet: Anovos

Belt: Anovos

Blaster: Jedi Robes (getting a DLT-19 from Hyperfirm post haste)

Boots: Imperial Boots

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 180 lbs

IMG_5432.jpg

sTrooper.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5424-Edit.jpg

IMG_5435-Edit.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5248.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

IMG_5256-Edit.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5264.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5267.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5319.jpg

IMG_5320-Edit.jpg

IMG_5370-Edit.jpg

Thank you!!!

Edited by MacPhisto
  • Like 4

Hey Solomon, great job you're looking awesome!  The only problem for EIB I see is your detonator clip position.

The clips need to be touching or nearly touching the sides, like this.  Moving them over shouldn't be too difficult though.  If there's a visible hole from the previous screw, you can fill it with putty and sand/paint over to smooth out the tube.

I noticed a couple of other things that I don't think will affect your EIB status but would help the fit/performance.

The snaps and rivets on the cod/buttplate strapping shouldn't be painted white for Centurion, so you'll need to remove that paint if you're looking to submit for that.

Your hands are showing a lot of area above the gloves, though I think it might just be shifting from wear.  You might want to move your forearms a bit lower to "split the difference" between the biceps and the gloves.

The inside of your helmet is a bit visible from behind/the sides.  You might want to paint the inside black (I personally use plasti-dip), because people love to use flash photography during Troops and it can cause the inside the light up.  You can also wear a balaclava to hide some of that, or both even.

Finally, your forearms are a bit rotated outward.  The bit with the "bumps" should go on the top of the arm, if that makes sense?  They probably just rotated from wear, mine do that a lot, but just worth taking a look at :)

Fantastic job Solomon, you should definitely be proud of this build!

• Like 1

Well dern!  Ha!  Thanks for the information.  I'll be making modifications and post updated pics as soon as possible.  Thanks so much for the insight/information!

• Like 1

Well dern!  Ha!  Thanks for the information.  I'll be making modifications and post updated pics as soon as possible.  Thanks so much for the insight/information!

I did the exact same thing with my TD, easy to miss!  You'll be there in no time :)

• Like 1

Hey Solomon, great job you're looking awesome!  The only problem for EIB I see is your detonator clip position.

The clips need to be touching or nearly touching the sides, like this.  Moving them over shouldn't be too difficult though.  If there's a visible hole from the previous screw, you can fill it with putty and sand/paint over to smooth out the tube.

I noticed a couple of other things that I don't think will affect your EIB status but would help the fit/performance.

The snaps and rivets on the cod/buttplate strapping shouldn't be painted white for Centurion, so you'll need to remove that paint if you're looking to submit for that.

Your hands are showing a lot of area above the gloves, though I think it might just be shifting from wear.  You might want to move your forearms a bit lower to "split the difference" between the biceps and the gloves.

The inside of your helmet is a bit visible from behind/the sides.  You might want to paint the inside black (I personally use plasti-dip), because people love to use flash photography during Troops and it can cause the inside the light up.  You can also wear a balaclava to hide some of that, or both even.

Finally, your forearms are a bit rotated outward.  The bit with the "bumps" should go on the top of the arm, if that makes sense?  They probably just rotated from wear, mine do that a lot, but just worth taking a look at :)

Fantastic job Solomon, you should definitely be proud of this build!

Okay, I've made the modifications to the TD using putty and a drill to re-position the clips.  I was able to find some matching putty so it's pretty much okay I suppose.  I'll leave that up to your discretion.  I know the screws are supposed to be black and that's the next step.

IMG_5487-2.jpg

In addition, I've repositioned the forearms so the "bumps" are on the outside.  I hope this helps as well.

IMG_5482-1.jpg

I lowered the forearms to my hands, but my hands are bent down so, dernit, I didn't know that.  Believe me, the forearms were at my wrists.  I have an extra long wingspan so it's not easy finding shirts that fit.  But this armor seems to do just fine. 

As for the other modifications you've given me advice on I plan to undertake that soon.  I bought some plasti-dip for the bucket and will be putting that on.  In this picture I was wearing a balaclava to conceal the inside upper portion of the bucket.  I'll also be taking the paint off the cod piece strapping.

If there's anything else you can think of I welcome the input.

Thank you so much for all your help!

:smiley-sw013:

Looking good Solomon, a few things I see (not all required for EIB) are...

- tighten your chest to ab strapping, as they look to almost be overlapping in a few pics. They might actually overlap during trooping movements, so you'd want to prevent this.

- tube stripes on helmet - they should be a pencil width away from the side of the helmet; you're look a little farther away?

- lower your thighs and raise your shins. this will reduce the knee gap, but also give you a little more mobility at the hips and reduce the look of " your shins have fallen down"

- TD clips - move them out towards the end caps

- TD screws - replace with pan head common screws, and paint the screws black

- cod to butt snaps - remove white paint

- forearms - remove return edges at wrists

- E11 blaster - check the control as your blaster is missing some details (counter, power cylinders, notches in rear sight, etc)

- I see you've already turned your forearms, so that's good

- And yes, a balaclava and painting the inside of your bucket will help with "trooper exposure"

All easy stuff. ;):duim::smiley-sw013:

Hi Solomon

Your fore arms are actually on the wrong arms, please swap them so the 11 dimples is on your left arm and 12 dimples on your right. Then the fore arms might sit where they should as they could still be rotated outward a little

Easy rule of thumb is to line up the front cover strip of the bicep, with the top cover strip of the fore arm.

• Like 1

Hi Solomon

Your fore arms are actually on the wrong arms, please swap them so the 11 dimples is on your left arm and 12 dimples on your right. Then the fore arms might sit where they should as they could still be rotated outward a little

Easy rule of thumb is to line up the front cover strip of the bicep, with the top cover strip of the fore arm.

Wow!  I feel like such a noob!  Nope, I didn't see that anywhere in the CRL but it makes perfect sense.  I greatly appreciate the insight into this.  I've switched the forearms around appropriately.  Thanks for the advice.  Hopefully this will satisfy the mandate.  I may have made many mistakes in this submission but perhaps my mistakes will be for the benefit of someone else!

IMG_5564-Edit.jpg

Looking good Solomon, a few things I see (not all required for EIB) are...

- tighten your chest to ab strapping, as they look to almost be overlapping in a few pics. They might actually overlap during trooping movements, so you'd want to prevent this.

- tube stripes on helmet - they should be a pencil width away from the side of the helmet; you're look a little farther away?

- lower your thighs and raise your shins. this will reduce the knee gap, but also give you a little more mobility at the hips and reduce the look of " your shins have fallen down"

- TD clips - move them out towards the end caps

- TD screws - replace with pan head common screws, and paint the screws black

- cod to butt snaps - remove white paint

- forearms - remove return edges at wrists

- E11 blaster - check the control as your blaster is missing some details (counter, power cylinders, notches in rear sight, etc)

- I see you've already turned your forearms, so that's good

- And yes, a balaclava and painting the inside of your bucket will help with "trooper exposure"

All easy stuff. ;):duim::smiley-sw013:

Also, thank you for the information as well.  I have already made the correction to the TD clips as referenced in the picture above. 

Thanks everyone for all the help!   :peace:

Nice work, Solomon!  And, thanks for jumping on the changes that others have commented.  It does seem to fit better when all the pieces are in the right place and facing the right direction.

The only comment that I would have to add is the belt flap.  I'm not sure if that would be a comment, but it is visible.  I had the same issue with mine and I ended up folding it over and sewing it back on itself behind the plastic ammo belt portion. It looks like it can be done relatively easy on yours without having to adjust any fasteners.  Just a thought...

It looks like you are aiming for Centurion, so the comments that have already been made will eventually need to be addressed. Some are only for Centurion's requirements and can be put off a little if tight on time.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Nice work, Solomon!  And, thanks for jumping on the changes that others have commented.  It does seem to fit better when all the pieces are in the right place and facing the right direction.

The only comment that I would have to add is the belt flap.  I'm not sure if that would be a comment, but it is visible.  I had the same issue with mine and I ended up folding it over and sewing it back on itself behind the plastic ammo belt portion. It looks like it can be done relatively easy on yours without having to adjust any fasteners.  Just a thought...

It looks like you are aiming for Centurion, so the comments that have already been made will eventually need to be addressed. Some are only for Centurion's requirements and can be put off a little if tight on time.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the information.  I was equally concerned about the belt flap.  I found that I actually had it tightened too much which is what was causing the overlap.  I can loosen that, indeed.  Is that something that'll affect EIB?  Just curious.  BTW, I can't wait 'till I get my DLT-19 from HFX!

Thanks again!

Hi Solomon

You will need to remove the white paint from the cod rivet and the but plate snaps. Can you please post up a new photo when done.

I am currently working on your application, so the sooner the better so we can get you through.

Thanks Brother

• Like 2

Hi Solomon

You will need to remove the white paint from the cod rivet and the but plate snaps. Can you please post up a new photo when done.

I am currently working on your application, so the sooner the better so we can get you through.

Thanks Brother

I am not afraid of failure so much as I am concerned with not trying.  I know I've made multiple mistakes during this submission, yet I am quite thankful for all of the help I have received.  Here are some updated photographs for the submission, and once again, thank you.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

As promised, I've removed the paint on the cod rivet and butt plate snaps!

Also, I've lowered my thighs to make them closer to my shins:

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

And finally, I've "blacked out" the interior of my helmet using strips and foam padding:

IMG_0549.jpg

I know, the fans are white, silly me bought them like that before I knew it would be best if they were black.

Thank you all for all of your help in this laborious process.  If there's anything further you can think of I'm missing or need to do just ask.  I appreciate all of the help I've received.  Like a true stormtrooper I'm terrible with my aim and attention to detail is a constant struggle for me, but in the end my efforts do pay off!

Thanks!

• Like 2

Ok, you are going to hate me for this, but you are missing some parts from your blaster that are a requirement for EI,

The power cylinders on the magazine feeder, and the hengstler counter.

see below all requirements for EI as per the CRL, i have bold underlines the two that you are missing.

150px-TK_anh_stunt_e11.jpeg

E-11 Blaster
For 501st approval:
  • Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

For level two certification (if applicable):
  • Folding stock (does not need to function).
  • A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
  • Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.
    • This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.
  • No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.
For level three certification (if applicable):
  • Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

reference images

IFUh0Kx.jpg

Also your scope rail is very high, as  the rear sight is too tall.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to send me or Ukswrath a PM, we are here to help.

• Like 1

I kind of figured the E11 wasn't entirely up to snuff.  I'll post pics of my DLT-19 when I get it.  HFX told me I should be receiving it sometime this week.

If the blaster's the only issue than I'm fine with that. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I kind of figured the E11 wasn't entirely up to snuff.  I'll post pics of my DLT-19 when I get it.  HFX told me I should be receiving it sometime this week.

If the blaster's the only issue than I'm fine with that. 

Thanks again!

It just means you need to use it as an ESB blaster for your ESB stormtrooper next, right? ;)

You've done absolutely fantastic on addressing the things pointed out Solomon, you're going to have one fine looking kit and breeze through Centurion! :)

• Like 1

It just means you need to use it as an ESB blaster for your ESB stormtrooper next, right? ;)

You've done absolutely fantastic on addressing the things pointed out Solomon, you're going to have one fine looking kit and breeze through Centurion! :)

Certainly I could use the E11 as a ESB blaster once I make modifications and use my DLT-19 for ANH! 

Thanks once again for all the help on this!

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY!  My DLT-19 has arrived!!!!!  This should be the final piece of EIB puzzle, let me know if I missed anything!

This is hot off the mold from HFX, their premiere line!

Thanks!

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5642.jpgIMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Solomon, we have one thing to ask of you.

Can you please post a new action shot with your DLT19.

Thank you

Hi Solomon, we have one thing to ask of you.

Can you please post a new action shot with your DLT19.

Thank you

Here's a picture taken of me in the St. Paddy's Day parade last Saturday in Alexandria, VA.  Also, you probably can't see it too well in this photograph but I'm using my new vinyl hand guards as well!  Hope this helps!

17157399_10212406585582296_3755196221805

Edited by MacPhisto

Ok I can use that one BUT.... I need a proper action shot as it gets used in another part of the forums. You should be able to see that section up and running again in the not to distant future, so please post it to this thread when you can and let me know. :)

• Like 1