Crazy idea

vrblasasn

So i was trooping all last month at Star Wars Weekends at disney, and the last weekend of the parade some one came up with a idea that kinda got me excited. we had some major issues with the formations all month, mainly because 95% of the people marching had no idea how to march, and you can't take a 30 second instruction about how to march from other who don't know how to and have military efficiency (no offense to the people in charge, you tried your best). so the idea was to start a 501st drill team, and honor guard. get a squad sized group of people with some super shiny armor, have a "drill master" with a sergeants paulderon, captains or even a imp officer. i don't mean anything fancy like the us army 3rd infantry, or marine corp silent drill team but just something cool to wow the crowds. i figure having the TK's using a mg 34 or what ever the star wars equivalent of the Springfield might be maybe have someone make up a cool background story for it. i don't troop much and i know that would get me more into trooping, would anyone be interested?

So i was trooping all last month at Star Wars Weekends at disney, and the last weekend of the parade some one came up with a idea that kinda got me excited. we had some major issues with the formations all month, mainly because 95% of the people marching had no idea how to march, and you can't take a 30 second instruction about how to march from other who don't know how to and have military efficiency (no offense to the people in charge, you tried your best). so the idea was to start a 501st drill team, and honor guard. get a squad sized group of people with some super shiny armor, have a "drill master" with a sergeants paulderon, captains or even a imp officer. i don't mean anything fancy like the us army 3rd infantry, or marine corp silent drill team but just something cool to wow the crowds. i figure having the TK's using a mg 34 or what ever the star wars equivalent of the Springfield might be maybe have someone make up a cool background story for it. i don't troop much and i know that would get me more into trooping, would anyone be interested?

Awesome idea!

Marching comes pretty easily to me, had four years of marching band :)

It might be interesting for a group of troops in one area to work on something like a video of how to march and post it for everyone. That would help spread the word through the legion about marching basics.

For the drill team, I think that sounds sweet. It also seems like it would have to be troops that live relatively close to one another, but just the sight would be very cool.

Phil

Marching comes pretty easily to me, had four years of marching band :)

It might be interesting for a group of troops in one area to work on something like a video of how to march and post it for everyone. That would help spread the word through the legion about marching basics.

For the drill team, I think that sounds sweet. It also seems like it would have to be troops that live relatively close to one another, but just the sight would be very cool.

Phil

yeah, have a team for each garrison probably not on the squad level, because i know most squads are to small in the legion to do such a thing. But to narrow it down even more, for example say me and a few members from my drill team were to meet up at some event with you and a few of your members our routine would be so well practiced that we would be able to to it even though that would be the first time we meet. does that make scene? i mean i was USAF so i know how to march, but the fancy rifle work is beyond me so it would take some work. but i would honestly start doing cons and other large things if i knew we could show off our drill teams.

This is a pretty good idea. I did a few years of basic drill when I was in cadets and I remember it taking a lot of getting used to but it looked amazing when we got it right. It'd look even more amazing if it's a squad of smart TKs doing the marching :D

there are hundreds persons that are ex military and or ex drill instructors in the legion as well as 225 troopers who were at the rose parade that shodul ahvea good idea of how to put your left foot infront of your right foot all in unison.

its like a beat. if there is somethign you can hear while marching, liek the footfalls of everyone esle, it makes it easier.

does anyone one know if there is a star wars equivalent to the Springfield? was there a war before the clone wars that used fire arms? if there is that would be the rifle we would use. and we'd have to get those taps that the TI's had on their boot that scared the hell out of us in BMT. and i found some good videos on you tube for reference if anyone wants to check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

That's an awesome idea! Maybe we could make a basic training video to distribute once the drill team gets going. There are a lot of basics that would be useful to everyone. Spacing, cadence, keeping step, etc. If we could get a top notch team together every parade would want us.