Best way to line up tube stripes?

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this, but I ran into a little hiccup. The paint on my tube stripes started to chip so I took it off and got some vinyls. What is the best way to line them up and put them in the correct spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bmth chris

A quick tip for when you paint those with the template, Chris..  After pressing them on firmly, hit them with a light coat of white paint first and let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes.  This will seal the edges, so that when you paint the blue on it won't bleed underneath.

• Like 1

If you are using the decals, I always use an old modelling technique. If you have a spray bottle, mix a couple of drops of dish washing detergent to water in the spray bottle. Remove the backing of the sticker/decal and give it a light spray. Give the surface you are going to attach it to a light spray . When you go to position the decal it will slide around under light pressure allowing you to get it in the right position. Once satisfied with the position, press firmly at one end and slowly push along to squeeze the water detergent mix out from under it. If any liquid is left under the decal it won't stick to the surface. Let dry, then slowly remove the backing. Job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk