I scored a SCREEN USED C-38!! WOO HOO!!!

Stomper

Tape dispenser... it's TOTALLY AUTHENTIC and the ONLY original in existence (I can prove it). All the other ones that are out there are meat socks, and ONLY I own the original!!

First of all, this little known FACT... the screen used C-38 is SYMMETRICAL, is "officially" called a "Desk Dispenser", and it DOES NOT have soft lines! ;)

I MIGHT be persuaded to sell this... if the offer is high enough! ;)

100_0081.thumb.jpg.2cce3237e16c530d25b75f01583923d8.jpg

100_0084.thumb.jpg.43cf1546994859cad0e2c742cc5203c2.jpg

CURRENT INTEREST LIST:

01. TK-4510 (Mike) Qty. 10 (FISD Forums)

02. Ghost (Scott) Qty. 6 (FISD Forums)

03. Billhag (Billy) Qty. 10 (FISD Forums)

04. Smitty (Chris) Still on the fence (FISD Forums)

05. Bigturc (Alain) Qty. 23 rubber versions (FISD Forums)

06. Murphoid (Caleb) Qty. 4 (FISD Forums)

07. MandalorianWarrior87 (Neil) Qty. 64 rubber versions (FISD Forums)

08. stukatrooper (Peter) Qty. 7 (FISD Forums)

09. TD-443 (Eddie) Qty. 77 Mini-versions (FISD Forums) These will cost TWICE as much as they are HALF the size!!

10. Ironclaw (Kent) Qty. 96 (FISD Forums)

11. Murray1134 (Paul) Qty. 135 (FISD Forums)

12. TK:TK (Kevin) Qty. 65 (FISD Forums)

13. SuperTrooper (Terrell) Qty. 235 (FISD Forums) number's 1 - 235 reserved!

14. davej (Dave) Qty. 3,500 (FISD Forums) 1,000 next week, 2,500 smuggled in my kids' luggage through Aussie Customs in August!!

15. foggy (Shelley) Qty. 125 (FISD Forums)

16. Daetrin (Paul) Qty. 77 (FISD Forums)

17. Nootch (Gary) Qty. 1 (FISD Forums) he only gets one becasue he's only willing to trade ONE of his girlfriend's kindeys!!

18. Baxterianism Qty. 122 (FISD Forums)

19. mattastic13 (Matt) Qty. Eleventeen (FISD Forums)

20. riveting (Steve) Qty. 24 (FISD Forums) Will pay in barrels of oil

21. journeymanprotector (Phil) Qty. 87 (FISD Forums)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH damn, Are you planning on recasting it so we can have some too??? "DD expert" :) lol

You have to...Put my name down for the first run :duim:

It's hard to tell looking at the pictures, but is it Matt, Satin or Gloss finish....looks like Humbrol #85 to me!!

Arrr Man!!, I've been trying for years to find this sucker. :angry:

I thought I had it too, when I heard rumours that a so called 'private collector' was willing to let it go.

DAGNABBIT!!, missed out yet again :(

Tony, my hat goes of to you Sir, exceptional find.....you truly are the 'DD' expert B)

OK, I have everyone added to the interest list! :salute:

The finish is a matte/satin, or maybe its a satin/matte, but as you can see I left the dust from the LFL archives on it (which PROVES it's authentic) so as to slightly distort the finish details in the photos. I can't be having StarfortressProductions, or some "other" unscrupulous re-casters use it as a 100% accurate reference to make knock-offs... not until I at least make enough selling my own copies to buy a new house (or two). ;)

Hey DD*E....

Have you seen this recasting scumbag!!!

Here

The jerk proudly claims its a c-39!!!! buahahahhhahhhhaa!!!!!

Hey Mike,

DANG IT... that's what I get for letting my FORMER friend take my ONE AND ONLY copy (that I secretly made) home for one night... he re-casted it and them made many, many meat-sock copies of it!! Well... ANYONE can plainly tell that is a TOTAL meat-sock imitation, at LEAST a 4th-gen recast! First of all, on the ORIGINAL... the "tape" isn't really tape, it's actually a "cellulose film leading tab" that you use to insert the actual ANH cellulose-film into the (then) time period's movie projectors (a real messy affair).

Secondly, the ORIGINAL SCREEN USED C-38 (not C-39) was specially hand built (only I know which hand was used) and the cellulose reel is vac-formed using black HDPE, and although 12 of them were made as back-up reels, only ONE (the one I have) was actually used on screen, then the back ups were destroyed after filming was completed... all others are meat-socks! The one in that eBay auction is obviously blue and therefore TOTAL RIPOFF... only I have the original, oh yeah and I have the ONLY original molds. Obviously Starfortress is back at it again under another alias....

RE-CASTER ALERT!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM "bmiss" on eBay, they are crooks who will rip you off!!

Forum moderators, I DEMAND that you have that eBay listing removed... because it is a RIP-OFF... and ONLY I OWN the ORGINAL!! The fans would be better served by payin ME $1,000 for one copy of the ORIGINAL, rather than .99 for a TOTAL FAKE!! :rolleyes:

Man, talk about making a guy feel stupid. :rolleyes: I must ask, where was this used on screen?

Hey Caleb,

It was down in the cargo hold with Han, Chewie, Ben, & Luke when they were hiding from the Stormtroopers after they were tractor beamed aboard the Death Star.... trust me, its screen used!! ;)

screenshot

WOW!!,...Nice spot Mike

Have you got that in Hi-res so we can pick out all the fine detail?

Apparently the best shot of it is in a deleated scene of when Luke was fixing R2

Perhaps thay might reinstate it in the up and coming Blu-ray release...fingers crossed hey? :D

Hey DD*E....

Have you seen this recasting scumbag!!!

Here

The jerk proudly claims its a c-39!!!! buahahahhhahhhhaa!!!!!

My God is nothing safe!!! :angry:

I managed to contact this SCUMBAG and he said,....and I quote

"I'm only using them for a student project"

Yerrh right sure, as IF we haven't heard that before.....tchh!

WOW!!,...Nice spot Mike

Have you got that in Hi-res so we can pick out all the fine detail?

Apparently the best shot of it is in a deleated scene of when Luke was fixing R2

Perhaps thay might reinstate it in the up and coming Blu-ray release...fingers crossed hey? :D

Oh Yeah.. that's right... um... I forgot about that scene... yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!! This fact legitimately DOUBLES the price of any replicas I will produce, and yes the "cellulose-film" replicas will be an optional extra... for a slightly doubled fee!

I forgot to mention earlier... if you post on this thread you AUTOMATICALLY commit yourself to buying one of my replicas... price to be determined! ;)

Shoulda kept my mouth shut. B) Tony, does the amount of posts that we have in this thread influence the amount of C-38s we are committed to buying?

LOL.... naw, it's whatever I feel like selling you, because... well just because!! :P

Put me down for 48 of them!

These will be great as christmas gifts, and I'm starting my shopping early :D

Kent, it's your lucky day, I'm offering a 2 for 1 sale... I automatically DOUBLE your order (and your cost)!! B)