My ANH-FX-Trooper with updated MR-Helmet!,-)

Looks good. One thing that would really help the overall look is to taper the thighs. What I mean is cut out a wedge removing a few inches from the bottom and none at the top. The left FX thigh is actually bigger at the bottom than the top.

Your off to a great start.

Do you have any before/after pictures or a link showing how best to taper the thighs? I'm also a bodybuilder and while the FX thighs fit well up top, they are much too wide at the bottom for my taste. For instance, how far up should the wedge go?

To get an even seam, it has to go end to end. I don't have any pictures, but I believe on the left I cut a wedge taking about 3.5 inches off the bottom ,and about an inch off the top. That was just to get it to match the right thigh.

A tailor's measuring tape is the best 2 bucks spent when fitting thighs. The you can get the thighs even and tapered very easily.

Great lookin armour Mark :)

p.s

Always nice to see another Kroenen fan :)

Thanks a lot...oh,your a Kroenenfan,too?Do you have any Props from Kroenen,too? :)

@SuperTrooper:Ok..you´ve seen it... :) ...the calves are open on the back..and for the pics,the left one opened.My englisch is not the best...do you have a pic from updated calvepieces?

Nope :( Would love to get a replica mask/helmet one day, but can't find anyone who makes and sells 'em. You?

The best Kroenenmask is the sold out one from sideshow.I have 2 Kroenenmasks:The WWII-Version with SS-Visocap and Knightscross and the Ninja-Version from the Museum...oh,and I´ve the 2 KroenenSwords,too.If I finished my Starwarsprops,I wanna build a Lifesize-Kroenen! :D

On the left on this pic,you can see one of my masks.. :D ..:

vaderpuppeff4.th.jpg

Nice! Only trouble is i'm not sure the sell those anymore? Especially in the UK :(

This masks are absolutley sold out.With a little luck,you can find one on ebay..but there are some other "Kroenenfreaks"on the hunt...hehe..it´s hard to get one.But it is possible. :D

The best place to look for it is ebay.com..but I´ve seen one on france ebay,too some months ago.

This masks are absolutley sold out.With a little luck,you can find one on ebay..but there are some other "Kroenenfreaks"on the hunt...hehe..it´s hard to get one.But it is possible. :D

The best place to look for it is ebay.com..but I´ve seen one on france ebay,too some months ago.

Yeh. Looked earlier. Asked on the Dented Helmet a while back if anyone made kits, got no replies, lol. Anyway, sorry for going off topic Mods :)

Yeh. Looked earlier. Asked on the Dented Helmet a while back if anyone made kits, got no replies, lol. Anyway, sorry for going off topic Mods :)

A guy from the RPF wants to make a premium Kroenenmask for normal heads(the originalactor L.Beran is a very small guy with a small head..so the sideshowmask don´t fit anybody outside).I sended him pics and informations some months ago..if he finished his projekt and is selling casts,I can ask him for one for you(and me,too..hehe). :D

But I don´t know,when he is finished.

Sorry for the offtopic from me,too.But Kroenen is a evil trooper,too...the bloody sand of hell is running in his veins..uuuahhhh.. :P

I wont be getting anything else for a while yet :( Waiting for my AP bucket and then will take my time on that for a bit before i get anything else. Be cool to see one of those kits though. :)

No problem,man. :D

Has anywhere an idea,where I can close my calves on the back.The calves has a distance from ca.6 or 7cm between the 2 parts. :(

Whats the best material to put it in this split to close it for trooping?

dscn0553ll4.th.jpg

No problem,man. :D

Has anywhere an idea,where I can close my calves on the back.The calves has a distance from ca.6 or 7cm between the 2 parts. :(

dscn0553ll4.th.jpg

Do you still have the spare ABS that came with the suit? If not, try getting some from whomever you purchased the suit from. I'd make a shim piece which would sit in the recessed portion (use Velcro to secure as normal) and have the other end sit flush (secure with a backing piece of ABS) with the opposite side. Then silicone the seam so it won't be too visible. There might be some heating and forming to match the curve of the calf pieces, but outside of this method, I'm not sure what you can do?

CalfShim.jpg

Hope that helped.

DD.

Hey man great suit! Bucket's a little bright. But I ran into the same issue :P I simply took a trip to the auto store and picked up some car wax/scratch remover (might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone right?) and I polished up my armor real good. Took a lot of elbow grease but I got it to the point where you could hardly notice the difference in shades of white between my bucket and my armor. Not only that but it look very "Shiny and Official" heheh. Good luck bro! Off to a very good start :D

dscn0553ll4.th.jpg

You could always leave the shins as they are now, that would be movie accurate ala tantive IV :P

• 11 months later...
You could always leave the shins as they are now, that would be movie accurate ala tantive IV :P

This is very true I used the same arguement when people tell me i should close mine lol but at the same time tring to make shims for this sucks BUT if you really want some I used a friends ap calfs to make them just trimmed them down but they are expensive to do that with